PDA

View Full Version : MAME emulator roms

Laguna
June 17th, 2005, 01:58
how do mame emulators look like? whats theyr extension?
i downloaded some MAME emulators (tekken3,streetfighter alfa3 ect.) but they are many files not 1 file how do i play them??

consoul
June 17th, 2005, 02:04
You probably got them as zip files. Leave them as zip files. That's how MAME will use them. BTW, there's no way in hell the roms you mentioned will run on MAME for PSP. You'll need to go for games that are a bit more 'classic' (ie. old).

Laguna
June 17th, 2005, 02:48
keeping them zip files didnt work it says :
error:required files are missing,the game cannot be run.

where must i put the zip file?in the same folder as the eboot?

consoul
June 17th, 2005, 03:04
No. Put your zips in a sub-folder called "roms".
Took me a while to figure that out.
Make sure your zip has exactly the same name shown on the confirmation screen in MAME (ie. after you choose the game from the list, it'll show a screen where you push circle to confirm, and a name like "ddragonj" or "dkong").

Laguna
June 17th, 2005, 03:15
never mind all mame games i downloaded arnt in the list that means not suported.
it would be awsome to play street fighter alfa3 on the emulator.
thnx for help.

self0
June 17th, 2005, 03:16
I don't think that games can be played right now in the mame emulator in the psp.

consoul
June 17th, 2005, 03:22
I don't think that games can be played right now in the mame emulator in the psp.

Huh? Yes they can. Whatever is in the list will run.

Jdemon
June 17th, 2005, 04:16
Hey Laguna, I haven't tried MAME for PSP yet but the error you are describing will happen if the zip files are incomplete. I would test out any "supported" games first on a PC version of MAME, if you get the same error you may not have a complete rom.

Laguna
June 17th, 2005, 11:44
Hey Laguna, I haven't tried MAME for PSP yet but the error you are describing will happen if the zip files are incomplete. I would test out any "supported" games first on a PC version of MAME, if you get the same error you may not have a complete rom.

but they arent in the list of suported games so its nonsens.

nexis2600
June 17th, 2005, 15:03
Huh? Yes they can. Whatever is in the list will run.

No they wont. A lot of them still dont work. I still have not gotten TMNT to work.