PDA

View Full Version : Please help out a beginner ;)

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 00:33
Hi guys, here's my situation....

I have recently purchased the following products as recommended from this site:

'SONY PSP Standard Pack Silver Version 1.5 (Jap)'
'PSP Double Expand Memory Convertor'
4GB Sandisk SD Card

I've been researching using this site, but tbh, Im still pretty confused T_T Could somebody please tell me exactly what I need to do using this equiptment to play PSP ROMS/Emulators (specifically N64) on my PSP? Thanks a lot ^^

*EDIT* Is it possible to play USA ROMs on my Jap system?

Anonymous D
July 13th, 2007, 01:14
technically yes as long as the emulator supports usa roms. you are on 1.5 so bascialy its stay on 1.5 and run homebrew in 1.5 fomrat or upgrade to 3.40 oe for the internet and loading new umds and rss chanells and etc etc

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=383

guide to installing there ( there is a dcemu one but i dont have it to hadn right now

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 01:45
Thanks for your help ^^ Sorry, my PSP is arriving tomorrow so I can't test it yet, but all I need to do is download this, then I can play UMD rips/ISO (CSOs or whatever)?

Chameleon
July 13th, 2007, 01:47
yes, USA roms are compatible with the psp
( because of me, and the info i gave the developer)

PS- you cannot talk about ISOs here

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 02:12
oh, k, sry :p just wanted to query whether that program could run all common file formats?

Chameleon
July 13th, 2007, 02:27
its ok... good luck, and feel free to ask questions if you need anything else :)

cataphrax
July 13th, 2007, 06:34
I thought you could talk about isos as long as you own the game and aren't giving it to anybody.

parkermauney
July 13th, 2007, 06:37
Nope.
Psx rips are alright though.

steve520
July 13th, 2007, 06:41
Oh yeah so you know since you want to play N64 roms there isnt a full speed emulator yet but its getting there.

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 10:48
Oh, k ty everyone ^^ um... this is gonna be tricky to ask about without going into the territory of ISOs... (which i thought could be legal as well btw, but i now know better :p) um... what exactly are CSOs, and can you run them directly using the program you mentioned earlier; are there any disadvantages to CSOs over other file formats?

parkermauney
July 13th, 2007, 11:55
Shhhh...

Try another site.
(I recommend http://handheldcustoms.com/index.php )

:thumbup:

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 14:06
K, now have PSP, just waiting for battery to charge before I can perform the last stage. I need to know first though, the SD card Im currently using is only temporary before my proper one arrives; should I wait until my proper one does arrive before I flash the PSP?

parkermauney
July 13th, 2007, 14:35
No, as long as the psp can read from it and it's not fake, you're good.

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 15:11
OK, I have created an ISO folder on the root of my SD card but everytime I try to start a game I get the following error '80020321'; please help!!! (ty for all ur help so far btw ^^)

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 15:22
*forget This Post* My Last Post Still Applies Though :p

crimsonnight
July 13th, 2007, 15:27
nvm, seems to be working, thanbks so much everyone ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^6