PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Homebrew Recommendations

V3N0M
July 13th, 2007, 07:38
Hey everyone,

I have finally got my R4 in the mail and was wondering if some of the more experienced Nintendo DS Homebrewers here would recommend some Homebrew Games, Application, and of course Emulators to try with my new R4. Now I understand that probably close to a million threads like this have been made but most I’ve seen are out dated and no longer have up to date recommendations. So unless your comment is in some way helpful don’t post! It’s that easy! :p

This thread's purpose is mainly for...

1. A good thread to talk about anything Homebrew related to the DS and see the opinions of some of the more experienced DS Homebrewers.

2. Helping me get started with my R4 because I really haven’t the time to test every single emulator, application, and game for the DS.

My reasons are because I’m still working on some of my coding projects for PC and PSP. ( Yes, I am still working on Halo Zero for PSP and it will be finished someday.. Hopefully sooner than later. :) ) So it’s very time consuming along with other aspects of my life make it hard to find the time to be able to test and sort out everything I would want for my DS. So any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading any comments and opinions on DS Homebrew and Emulation. Hopefully myself and others new to the scene will learn a thing or two. :cool:

parkermauney
July 13th, 2007, 10:46
This:

http://ndswtd.wordpress.com/

I haven't played it yet, but dammit I can't wait to get my m3 simply.

V3N0M
July 13th, 2007, 19:50
Just tried Warcraft : Tower Defense and from what I can tell it’s very well crafted. Works flawlessly with my R4 and should work just as well for your M3 Simply. This one will be staying on my Micro SD card. Thanx for your recommendation! :cool:

voteforpedro36
July 13th, 2007, 23:35
DSOrganize, QuakeDS...

w00tman X
July 22nd, 2007, 04:38
Here's a few I have logged numerous hours into:

DSDoom - http://www.jefklak.com/Guides/Doom-DS

You'll need the "doom.wad" from doom, as well as a DLDI patch... read the page you download it from for more information.

SNEmulDS - http://www.snemul.com/ds/

Emulates SNES games. Requires DLDI patching, and some SNES roms.

No Place To Hide - noplace.pizz.biz/index.php

Cool collection of minigames where you use the stylus to dodge stuff... If you're using an M3 DS Simply, you need the DSOrganize homebrew launcher to play it.

Moonshell - mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/03/moonshell_ver171_top.shtml

Nice media player - Just install it and choose the flash card you use... Great alternative to an iPod!

Well, obviously there is alot more than these... Just a few cool things to get you started. The archive here at DCemu is nice to look through if you need more.

V3N0M
July 22nd, 2007, 05:05
Hey thank you guys for these great recommendations! I've been busy lately so I haven't been working on my DS as much. But thanks all the same I will definitely add all these to my Micro SD!

korrosive
August 11th, 2007, 22:53
AmplituDS (I have fallen in love with this game)

A touch of War (got it on my card just yesterday)

GeoWars (geometry wars for DS, controls are a little tricky though)

Colors! (painting App)

SensitiveDS (fun game, kinda easy though)