PDA

View Full Version : psp is won't turn on with green light on

olijr
July 13th, 2007, 08:19
the green light will turn on, but screen is black.. nothing, when I plug charger in, orange lite blinks then gone...while nothing is happening, I have to hold the power swith for @ least 12 sec. to turn off.
by the way...new to all this.

parkermauney
July 13th, 2007, 08:32
Brick. What did you do to get it like that?

MasterMunt
July 13th, 2007, 09:38
Yep deffinately bricked.

HAMMIEZ
July 13th, 2007, 17:48
What firmware are you using?

Safari Al
July 13th, 2007, 18:58
If you're on a custom firmware and can access recovery, then your in luck. if not then your screwed

carlitx
July 14th, 2007, 20:35
i had a simalar prob with my 1st psp, i found out the back light had broke, do u have sound of the xmb when you boot up, if so thats the problem

pt9087
July 14th, 2007, 21:33
Try pressing brightness button... but otherwise BRICK!

olijr
July 15th, 2007, 04:12
thanks for the response to my prob. I updated to the 3.some thing upgrade then a week later...it died. no sound..by the way what is BRICK?, does that mean..just get another psp?

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 06:19
If your on an OE firmware your PSP will be fine, just try to start the PSP up while holding the R trigger, if you get a screen called recovery menu then you will be fine. If not then you need to buy a new PSP because that one is done, but yeah if you get a menu screen then your fine. Just look up how to recover your brick from the recovery menu and unbrick your PSP, good luck.

olijr
July 15th, 2007, 22:35
thanks again all for the advice. I have tried all of them to the best I can as a novice...I will be looking for a new console so that is where this psp user stand with the current console. thanks, btw...motherboard? not worth a try? about $100 dollars cheaper rout.. again thanks.