PDA

View Full Version : Dreameye DUSTED so long.why?

Cast128dreams
July 14th, 2007, 01:08
We all know that the only dreameye activity its for the Video calling.
Wouldnt be cool to make an Application for Dreamcast that uses Dreameye to take Pictures and then save them to VMU.

Or make a homebrew game like the playstation eyetoy games.... With movements.

Sounds difficult?

quzar
July 22nd, 2007, 12:32
We havn't yet gotten a homebrew driver for the DreamEye.

Cast128dreams
July 23rd, 2007, 23:04
Thanx for the reply..Do you think that making one will be easy to be make?
Well maybe sounds too tough.Dreameye didnt support by Sega like it should be.Well maybe through here support Dreameye for good.
Whats the problems making this Hombrew Happen?

abeisgreat
July 24th, 2007, 23:15
i have never heard of dreameye but it sounds like major opportunity for homebrew

BlueCrab
July 25th, 2007, 01:45
Thanx for the reply..Do you think that making one will be easy to be make?
Well maybe sounds too tough.Dreameye didnt support by Sega like it should be.Well maybe through here support Dreameye for good.
Whats the problems making this Hombrew Happen?

Making a driver for an unknown, undocumented piece of hardware is very difficult. I have a Dreameye, and I had started trying to make a driver for it, but its very difficult to try to reverse engineer a driver out when you have no idea of where to start.

Cast128dreams
August 1st, 2007, 00:38
hmmmm but if search in the net maybe you will find something.The dreameye could work with properly network dreamcast browzer(and only in japn) i think.If the Dreamcast browzers can help you?
Forgive me if i say silly things but i have no knowledge at progamming.
By the way The whole idea is really a smash!!!

Elven6
August 1st, 2007, 03:01
I am assuming games/programs compatible with the Device will have the driver, so mabye you can work from their?

quzar
August 1st, 2007, 06:17
I am assuming games/programs compatible with the Device will have the driver, so mabye you can work from their?

No, not really. Or that is, it would be possible if anyone had a nice logic analyzer, but those things are extremely expensive (afaik). The only other course would be to rip files from those games and reverse engineer them, which could be just as hard.

Cast128dreams
August 1st, 2007, 19:58
Hmmmm to get me understand it cause iam Greek.
You are saying that sega have made software for the Dreameye so you can use it when buying the product.
So you can convert/reprogram the files from the Dream eye software.Right?Or this is illegal?
sorry again if i do silly questions.

Quazar what do you mean by saying LOGIC analyzer?

Elven6
August 1st, 2007, 21:53
Hmmmm to get me understand it cause iam Greek.
You are saying that sega have made software for the Dreameye so you can use it when buying the product.
So you can convert/reprogram the files from the Dream eye software.Right?Or this is illegal?
sorry again if i do silly questions.

Quazar what do you mean by saying LOGIC analyzer?

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/article/20000216/sega.htm

heres some stuff you could do with it, pretty much all that stuff was taken to make the eyetoy.

Cast128dreams
August 7th, 2007, 12:36
so...you can find something to work on right?