PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - totally lost

paulrgod
June 17th, 2005, 18:08
Hi all, my first post here.

Came across psp emulation today while at work i have rushed home all excited to get the snes and megadrive emu's working but they wont..

I have just bloody updated my psp to ver 1.51 a few days ago :/

I have installed them successfully as they show in my games menu, but when i choose them to load they appear to boot ok, get a black screen with memory card accessing like mad, then get error :- 'the game could not be started (80020001)'

any help, i have seen on here a memory card swap trick but cant get it to work, maybe im doing something wrong, but a step by step guide to how this works would be really useful.

Also is it possible to revert back to earlier firmware?

Many thanks in advance

FCN001
June 17th, 2005, 19:11
Man it seems you've screwed yourself by updateing ur firmware to 1.51 because the swap trick only works for 1.50 at the time (lucky for me :D ) ... Also there (sadly!) is no way to downgrade ur firmware. But i can still give you a "swap" step by step guide if you'd like to try anyway... e-mail me or if you'd like i'll post it here...

Cross
June 17th, 2005, 19:36
maybe if u can hard reset ur PSP it will go back down to 1.5 I heard some thoughts about this awhile ago in trying to get down to 1.0 and they said it would only take u to 1.5 if it was a US PSP....may u can do that?