PDA

View Full Version : Games 'n' Music gone? It can't be!

Cybeat
July 14th, 2007, 21:21
On my computer, I can see that all my games 'n' music game files are in, but when I put it on DS, nothing's detected. What going on? File corrupted? If it's broken and can't be fixed, I can't continue building Doom games for everybody. Help!

XDelusion
July 15th, 2007, 02:32
I don't have a Games N Musick?
Does it use a memory card? I'd try backing your data up and reformatting it then having another go.

Cybeat
July 15th, 2007, 03:27
How do I reformat? I don't have a cell phone and I don't have a card reader to fix it. Any other way?

Mr_Biggs
July 15th, 2007, 19:14
a cell phone? what's that for?

to format your drive, first drag and drop EVERYTHING to a folder on your hard drive. then go to "my computer", and right click on the letter of your games and music drive(the letter you click on to get into the files. in my case it's the G: Drive)

so right click on the proper drive letter(NOT THE C DRIVE) and go to "format". click on start/format and let it do its thing. then once it's completed, you should have a completly empty media drive. then drag your files you stashed onto the HDD, back onto your games n music storage. that should fix it.

Cybeat
July 16th, 2007, 02:50
It worked! Thanks alot. Everyone else told me a different way, like use a phone and junk.

TeenDev
July 16th, 2007, 02:52
If you ever have this happen again... make sure you format it as FAT(16) and not FAT 32. THe GnM only supports FAT(16)