PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help pleeeease

towie
July 15th, 2007, 00:55
Hi people

I am new to psp so please bare with me

I dont want to be spoon fed information but after hours of searching i really cant understand how to get emulators on my psp 3.4 0e ! and it wrecking my head

I have just downloaded a programme called

snes9xtyl-0.4.2me.rar then dragged it in to my games 150 folder in the psp folder

i ve changed the kernal to 1.5 but when i turn on my psp and go into game and memory stick there is no snes games in there.

Do i have to download anything else to put in the game150 folder ? i

I am dieing for a game of shinobi ! please please help

Much appriciate
cheers
Towie

Safari Al
July 15th, 2007, 02:10
Did you extract the files from the rar?

HAMMIEZ
July 15th, 2007, 04:42
Google winrar - you need to open the rar and extract the files inside. Its like a zip.

towie
July 15th, 2007, 10:02
Hi

I didnt extract the files !

Ive just done that and put the file in the game file on psp and when i check its got corrupt data ?
Can someone help please ?

Many thanks

Towie

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 10:06
you need to extract the files... WinRAR will do the job for you.

towie
July 15th, 2007, 10:24
Hi mate

ok
ihave just extracted the file s9xtyl-0.4.2me
inside the file there is
changes txt
readmetxt

i have dragged all of it into the game file on my psp but when i go into it reads corrupt ?

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 10:28
no... just open the 1.5 folder, and within that folder their should two more folders ,drop those folders into the GAME folder on your psp

The EX
July 15th, 2007, 10:28
Inside 1.50, ther should be two folders; one with a % and one without. Place both of these folders in X:/PSP/GAME340

Go into Recovery then Configuration, and put 'Homebrew Kernel Loading' = 1.50.

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 10:33
Inside 1.50, ther should be two folders; one with a % and one without. Place both of these folders in X:/PSP/GAME340

Go into Recovery then Configuration, and put 'Homebrew Kernel Loading' = 1.50.

if you dont know what your doing then dont pretend like you do... you must put the two folders within GAME or GAME150 folders, if you put it in GAME340 it runs off the 3.40 kernel... no matter what (changing the kernel doesnt do anything) and homebrew is almost impossible on the 3.40 kernel!!!!!!

The EX
July 15th, 2007, 10:35
if you dont know what your doing then dont pretend like you do... you must put the two folders within GAME or GAME150 folders, if you put it in GAME340 it runs of the 3.40 kernel... no matter what (changing the kernel doesnt do anything)

Wrong, it doesn't make a difference. It runs of the 1.50 kernel because he set it to in the recovery mode. Putting it in GAME340 does not mean it automatically runs from 340 kernel.
I know what I am talking about, don't question me you feeble boy.

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 10:39
Oh yeah, you dont know what your talking about...
the only option under recovery mode is to specifically change the GAME folder to either the 3.40 kernel or the 1.50 (smartass)

Its not to change whatever the hell you want!!!!!

yeah, whats your rebuttle feeble boy?

GAME150- always runs 1.50 kernel
GAME340- always runs 3.40 kernel
GAME- is interchangeable

The EX
July 15th, 2007, 10:41
Oh yeah, you dont know what your talking about...
the only option under recovery mode is to specifically change the GAME folder to either the 3.40 kernel or the 1.50 (smartass)

Its not to change whatever the hell you want!!!!!

yeah, whats your rebuttle feeble boy?

I'm not going to argue with you. There is no point. But I will say that the option in recovery mode is changing the kernel that the firmware runs off when running an eboot, it does not 'choose' the folder. I never stated you could change 'whatever the hell you want' anywhere in any of my posts.

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 10:43
Whatever im done with you...YOUR WRONG PERIOD!!!!!!!

The EX
July 15th, 2007, 10:44
You make me laugh. How old are you, 10?

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 10:50
GAME- is interchangeable

test it out... it is what it is (ive been dealing with this stuff a hell of alot longer than you)

and dont demean me, just because you think your a badass who has a Colbert avatar

The EX
July 15th, 2007, 10:53
GAME- is interchangeable

test it out... it is what it is (ive been dealing with this stuff a hell of alot longer than you)

and dont demean me, just because you think your a badass who has a Colbert avatar

I don't need to test it out, as the folder you put the homebrew in does not determine the kernel you are running, the option in recovery does that.
Wait, you joined in December 06... and I joined in June 06. It doesn't take a genius to work out who has been dealing with the PSP longer. Me.

towie
July 15th, 2007, 10:59
ok lads thanks for your input I got there in the e
nd ! now when i go into my memory stick i get
snes9xtyl

Can anyone tell me how to access thasks me to get games list up ? it asks me to choose a file ?

Sorry for sounding so stupid !
Cheers

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 11:00
Ive been with the psp since swaploit, do you remember those days.... i doubt it!!!!

Just because the date I registered to this site is later than you doesnt mean jack shit

Oh, and how come at the recovery option we were talking about it says, and I quote...
"game folder homebrew (currently x.xx kernel)"

The EX
July 15th, 2007, 11:01
Place your games in the snes9xtyl folder.
@Chameleon: I surrender, you win.

Chameleon
July 15th, 2007, 11:06
ok lads thanks for your input I got there in the e
nd ! now when i go into my memory stick i get
snes9xtyl

Can anyone tell me how to access thasks me to get games list up ? it asks me to choose a file ?

Sorry for sounding so stupid !
Cheers

Their should be a roms folder within snes9xtyl( one without the % symbol), you can put roms in it zipped ( make sure its not in .RAR format, but .ZIP instead)

towie
July 15th, 2007, 11:11
Ok cheers

i have totally confused my self somewhere ha ha

I thought the emulator would already have the games loaded into it !
So all i need to do now is download some romsand put them in the emulator to play , please tell me that is correct?

Cheers

The EX
July 15th, 2007, 11:12
Ok cheers

i have totally confused my self somewhere ha ha

I thought the emulator would already have the games loaded into it !
So all i need to do now is download some romsand put them in the emulator to play , please tell me that is correct?

Cheers

Correct.

towie
July 15th, 2007, 11:16
sound ! ive finally got my loaf round it !
Just one more question if you dont mind

Is there one rom i can download and transfere that will give me loads of games instead doing one at a time ?if so do you have a link or can you tellme where to find them ?

ta