PDA

View Full Version : Help again please

Pelop
July 15th, 2007, 02:53
So can the psp play files like .mpg's? If so how. It says I can activate the psp Flash player and wma player, but I cant figure out how to get online. It eaither says the wlan switch is off or some error code when checking connection. And yes, i was pretty sure I was at a hotspot.

HAMMIEZ
July 15th, 2007, 03:41
So can the psp play files like .mpg's? If so how.

.mpg is an outdated format. Google xvid4psp which should let you convert it to a format the psp can understand.

As for your wlan trouble, try making an ad hoc connection with another psp to check that the wifi is still functioning within your psp. If it is, check that the hotspot is definitely compatible with psp (some display odd splash screens etc. that the psp doesnt like).

Pelop
July 15th, 2007, 03:53
and if its not. then how can i acttivate the flash player and wma player?

Pelop
July 15th, 2007, 06:39
anyway too?

pt9087
July 15th, 2007, 10:57
If your on OE firmware its in recovery,

Boot recovery go to regetry hacks. and enable both wma and flash!

dangee
July 15th, 2007, 12:01
at some hotspots u need 2 start the internet browser under custom settings in the infrastructure menu

pt9087
July 15th, 2007, 15:26
at some hotspots u need 2 start the internet browser under custom settings in the infrastructure menu

All that does is start the internet browser when its connected!

The setting should be easy and auto! unless you want a static I.P then you make it static!

dangee
July 15th, 2007, 15:37
ur probbly right - just remembered once using this for hotspot service login at a public wifi facility when easy settings didnt work

pt9087
July 15th, 2007, 15:39
Thats because you need a username and password to use most public hotspots!

dangee
July 15th, 2007, 15:47
Y, see what you mean, may be just a weak signal then?

Pelop
July 15th, 2007, 23:25
Hi again. I got the flash activated, but how do I run them on my psp? what folder do i put them in?? And, is there anyway to run gif animations on the psp?

murgero1
July 16th, 2007, 00:38
first of you put .swf files in the common foldeer under psp, then put this in your web browsers address bar:
file:/PSP/COMMON/yourfile.swf then hit start twice
then the browsr will ask you if you want to run plugin?
hit yes.
btw the file has to be under 1.5 megabytes to load!

HAMMIEZ
July 16th, 2007, 01:06
And, is there anyway to run gif animations on the psp?

Do the same thing with gifs as with flashs - put them in the common folder under psp and open this address in the web browser:
file:/PSP/COMMON/yourgifanim.gif
This probably shares the size limit of flash which is 1.5mb