PDA

View Full Version : Max media dock problems (I'm new to all this)

onkston
July 15th, 2007, 16:12
I got a max media dock a little while ago but didn't have the money for a big cf card till recently.

So the other day I bought a sandisk ultra II 8 gig cf card. Then when I went to try it out, after I turn it on all I get after the datel logo is a white screen.

Also the max media player doesn't seem to fit in my ds properly, its hard to get out, is that normal? (I have an old 'fat' ds, not a lite)

I read in a post here that the ultra II cards don't work or something, should I get a different card or is that not the problem?

kcajblue
July 15th, 2007, 17:19
its most likely the size of the card.
the mmd might not be able to use a card that big.

lostfirechild11
July 16th, 2007, 06:24
try flipping the card over.

onkston
July 17th, 2007, 20:35
Thanks for the replies.

I already tried the card both ways.

The main thing I wanted the MMD for was to play movies, that's why I got an 8 gig card, if the problem is the size of the card I'll just get a 4 gig one (that'll be plenty anyway, I went a bit mad and got the biggest I could afford) :D

I contacted the place that I got the card from and I can send it back and get a refund so I'll do that and get a smaller one.

onkston
July 31st, 2007, 22:27
I got a 4gig card and everything works fine with it :)

Just thought I'd post to say.

Now I can watch vids on the bus :thumbup:

walk3r
March 30th, 2008, 16:52
ive bought this max media dock and downloaded all the software needed to boot it up but when i orderd it i had no HDD inside so i put my own one in which is 6gig but when i put the dock into my DS two white screens show can someone plz reply with USEFUL info thanks :)