PDA

View Full Version : jas0nuk & a team working on another 3.51 Custom Firmware

burrito
July 15th, 2007, 23:20
via pspgen.com

Jas0nuk and lan.st admin, have just told us of the construction of a new 3.51 Custom Firmware.

A team of around 10 coders, who want to remain anonymous for the moment, have started, as for the 3.51 M33, to reverse the DA firmwares, to create their own CF 3.51.

Unlike the 3.51 M33, they do not wish simply to make a “3.51 OE”, as the 3.51 M33, but they wish to improve it, to make a version of a quality equivalent or higher than the Firmwares of Dark_AleX.

Currently under development, a date of release is not in talk.

Sounds great! :)

xg917
July 15th, 2007, 23:39
nooo.... not another one!!

tophead420
July 16th, 2007, 00:14
YESSSSSSS.!!!!!!!!!!. Even more choices. Im sorry to say this but Dark-Alex leaving the scene may have been a good move for the PSPS scene. Now that there are so may diffenert cfw being made we may not have to worry about not having one. Unless sony just totally kills them off

PSP 101
July 16th, 2007, 00:39
This is awesome, more choices for custom firmware. It will be really interesting to see what each of the CFWs can do.

Chameleon
July 16th, 2007, 00:45
the furture is looking bright!!!!

Welshboy
July 16th, 2007, 00:46
Isn't DA releasing one more CFW? 3.51 I thought? Or am I wrong?

snuffster
July 16th, 2007, 00:48
hopfully this comes out soon
cause im havin alot of problems with the m33 fw
i really need my remoteplay back

Chameleon
July 16th, 2007, 00:51
remote play works for m33!!!

snuffster
July 16th, 2007, 00:51
yeh thats what i thought
but he left after that news
so i guess it got canceled

xg917
July 16th, 2007, 00:54
nope. DAX is done..

the furture is looking bright!!!!

before the first new CF 3.51 M33 came out i thought we were done for.. lol
i think the homebrew scene for psp still has a lonnnggg way to go :cool: :o ;) :D :p :rolleyes: :thumbup: :)

and especially since we have a new psp comming our way. more (new/old) homebrew/emulators can be improved/made if new psp is cracked

soad825
July 16th, 2007, 01:00
WTF all of a sudden all these fiwmwares somethings up and is 3.51OE-A From team noobz and dax coming or not

krazykarl
July 16th, 2007, 01:02
YESSSSSSS.!!!!!!!!!!. Even more choices. Im sorry to say this but Dark-Alex leaving the scene may have been a good move for the PSPS scene. Now that there are so may diffenert cfw being made we may not have to worry about not having one. Unless sony just totally kills them off

actually, I think that having all these new cfw is bad. Yes, it provides for more choices, but now the separate add-ons, plugins, and homebrew will not be uniform or will not be coming out because the cfw community will be fragmented.

What I'm trying to say is that I hope all these cfw will bring about a new era in homebrew and we will find a cfw to which will be a new standard for the homebrew community.

Bobtentpeg
July 16th, 2007, 01:06
hmmm 3 now.

wel 1 + 2 that may or may not get released

DarthPaul
July 16th, 2007, 01:10
Oh damn,what's this? Now this is getting boring. Just like the flashers...the flashers were cool at the beginning,then everyone started making them and look now..

Chameleon
July 16th, 2007, 01:19
You guys complain way too much... a month ago everyone was like whoa is me, dark alex is leaving, and now your like why is their so much to choose from.

Whether its good or bad you should be grateful because it will benifit the scene... PERIOD!!!!!!

krazykarl
July 16th, 2007, 01:25
You guys complain way too much... a month ago everyone was like whoa is me, dark alex is leaving, and now your like why is their so much to choose from.

Whether its good or bad you should be grateful because it will benifit the scene... PERIOD!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'd be totally happy if after a while we find a good custom fw and everyone accepts it as the standard cfw (like the se/oe of da). If we don't find a clear winner, everyone will have their own fw and homebrew, as a result, will suffer.

Cloudhunter
July 16th, 2007, 01:26
Hmm, I don't know what to think about this.

We'll have to see how it goes.

Cloudy

Chameleon
July 16th, 2007, 01:32
Don't get me wrong, I'd be totally happy if after a while we find a good custom fw and everyone accepts it as the standard cfw (like the se/oe of da). If we don't find a clear winner, everyone will have their own fw and homebrew, as a result, will suffer.

Im glad your thinking of possible outcomes, but with more variety developers will step up to get their firmware used, thus new features arise.

A clear winner will be presented troughout all the variety... that topples the others with more useful features than the others, and thats the firmware that will be used.

( its also a basic law of economy)

mike_jmg
July 16th, 2007, 01:42
wow battle of the firmwares just started LOL

It's gonna be a lot of testing to decide wich should be best,

But yeah! bring it on!!

tophead420
July 16th, 2007, 01:46
actually, I think that having all these new cfw is bad. Yes, it provides for more choices, but now the separate add-ons, plugins, and homebrew will not be uniform or will not be coming out because the cfw community will be fragmented.

What I'm trying to say is that I hope all these cfw will bring about a new era in homebrew and we will find a cfw to which will be a new standard for the homebrew community.

I'd say one main goal of the cfw creators is to keep compatibility with existing plugins. Why make them if they didn't suppost plugins we already have. Would be kinda piontless don't you think?;)

Tesseract
July 16th, 2007, 02:20
I think the next major challenge will be the new Slim PSP, t'be honest.

I'd love to see the RSS support expanded to include regular text feeds like news and del.icio.us bookmarks.

Bobtentpeg
July 16th, 2007, 02:21
^^
here here
i agree tophead, but with that, they also need to make it have something tht sets it apart from a DAX special

mavsman4457
July 16th, 2007, 02:23
If, sorry, when the slim PSP is hacked, I will have to seriously consider a purchase. It will be a tough choice for me.

Psyberjock
July 16th, 2007, 02:57

It's a good point. This has happened similarly in the Xbox modding scene. There were tons of dashboards that all had different appealing aspects. As a result, almost nothing was interchangeable and pretty much the only thing you could use with your dash was what the original team was coding.

Now with the PSP we're presented with a different problem. Almost all of the dashboards (the best anyway) are based around the xmb. Hopefully that required aspect will keep things flowing in the same direction. Also, the current set of programming tools are all geared in a certain direction and that may help act as a limiting factor as well.

To prevent the fractioning of resources as you mentioned (which definitely happened with the Xbox), I think the teams should establish a standard coding method and try to stick to that.

However, I can see the opposing side. Perhaps we would then stunt the progress of the features if we always required backwards compatibility.

Im glad your thinking of possible outcomes, but with more variety developers will step up to get their firmware used, thus new features arise.

A clear winner will be presented troughout all the variety... that topples the others with more useful features than the others, and thats the firmware that will be used.

( its also a basic law of economy)

This is a great point. In theory it should work, but in practice we can see that often the end user is caused to suffer as the winner becomes lazy and unconcerned about the users and forces the user to accept and even feel grateful for later products which are of sub-standard quality. (Micro$oft or $ony anyone?)

Sterist
July 16th, 2007, 03:45
they might want to watch their wording, that looks like a pretty good way to piss off an entire dev team, if you ask me

Psyberjock
July 16th, 2007, 03:49
Oh, I forgot to ask.

Can we get some functional Region Free Video UMD this time around, please!?

telnaur
July 16th, 2007, 04:20
Sony got rid of one and now they got 10 to deal with, haha!

awdark
July 16th, 2007, 04:30
Competition is a very good thing.
I hope good things come from this :) the anticipated feature list sounds neat!

snuffster
July 16th, 2007, 05:29
well remoteplays not workin for
but i have customised the xmb
maybe it could be that?

[Roger]
July 16th, 2007, 05:53
awsome!

ish420ism
July 16th, 2007, 06:34
Some people say it's getting boring, some, it's bad news. What will be wrong tomorrow?? There no pleasing you guys. First you cry like little bitches cuz DAX is gone and then you talk shit when there's someone that steps up. Now there is more stuff on the menu. You don't like it, don't click on the thread and move along. So can you all stop complaining so much, DAMN!! You making me complain.

Anyway, back to the topic. Improving on CFW is a great idea. Maybe one of these teams will finally implement useful features, like added codec support, allowing divx, xvid, mkv, etc. to play non recoded high rez movies to play on the system. ei.720p, 480p, and automatically rescale to work. That just one of the many possibities these guys may or may not accomplish. At least, it's out there to be explored, by these knowledgeable teams of coders. They may create the ultmate CFW that would allow you to play all future psp games, without ever having to update again. All I'm saying is let give all these guys a chance to work their magic without having some nobody, who can't even write a simple text file, critique their work.

shango46
July 16th, 2007, 06:40
Well, this is an interesting development. Instead of just the one custom firmware that everyone uses, there is now going to be a bunch of different firmwares that everyone can choose from. I would think that $ony is freaking out right about now. All we need now is completely altered cfw's (like the xbox dashboards) where nothing is the same except the system it is on. I mean, who really wants to have 10+ things that all look and feel the same? I know you can customize all the icons and such, but I need something new! If a dev team wants to release something that will really get everyones attention and set the standard, create something completely different from everyone else.

Chameleon
July 16th, 2007, 06:40
Some people say it's getting boring, some, it's bad news. What will be wrong tomorrow?? There no pleasing you guys. First you cry like little bitches cuz DAX is gone and then you talk shit when there's someone that steps up. Now there is more stuff on the menu. You don't like it, don't click on the thread and move along. So can you all stop complaining so much, DAMN!! You making me complain

AMEN, people need to appreciate things...and not take so much for granted

Veskgar
July 16th, 2007, 07:11
Yeah, people have been surprisingly negative regarding this news. I can relate to the frustration of too many custom firmwares. But I must say this is the most promising custom firmware project since OE and has the potential to become better than OE.

10 anonymous talented coders/hackers/devs working on this puppy. Perhaps a lot of the members on this site are not familiar with Jas0nuk, but just like Mathieulh, Jas0nuk has been close to Dark_AleX from time to time and has even been in contact with DAX since his leaving the scene IIRC.

So I don't know what else its gonna take, but everyone should get real excited about this project and be very appreciative of all anonymous coders involved...

Ha! That reminds me, remember the AC (anonymous coder) who was working on a PSX emulator before OE? Well looks like now we have 10 AC's. And working on a CFW of all things.

SONY definitely awoke a sleeping giant in the PSP homebrew scene by putting pressure on Dark_AleX if that is indeed what happened.

There are quite a few interesting little tidbits about this project that can be found if digging far enough. This is definitely one of the most exciting PSP homebrew developments. At least in my opinion.

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:04
Umm, I'm new here, but I have IMPORTANT NEWS! there is a new psp, just released, what does this mean for homebrew!?!?! will it be able to be downgraded? will it have some sort of build it block to prevent hombrew no matter the firmware version? Is the new psp worth getting?? decide for yourself! (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6173974/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1) this link may cease to work when gamespot next updates its cetral tab frameset, so just search gamespot for E3 info. or, go here (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161034) I would really like to post this as a thread, but it won't let me; I suppose because I am a new member. I've used this ssite for years I'm glad to finally be a member. I think I'm the first to post about this new PSP and what it means for the homebrew community; I believe that the new PSP will be homebrew compatible and that it will provide a fantastic boost to the PSP-homebrew and PSP-mod communities. Power to the people enjoy! ~~~(extended information)(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable) (something fun)(http://www.amazon.com/Horatio-Hornblower-Collectors-Ioan-Gruffudd/dp/B000AYEIW2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0780911-7893268?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1184568971&sr=8-1) -SISKO have fun wid-it!

mat_dizzy
July 16th, 2007, 09:01
um.. ^ ^ Anyway i think this will be maybe a good idea, maybe both teams can combine features into ONE firmware? :)

ZeakStarwind
July 16th, 2007, 09:36
....dang it's the apocalypse of complaints! I could care less what other CFW are coded from as long as we have these talented + gifted coders out there we will still be able to use homebrew and et cetra. All I can say is let their be light to numerous CFWs so I can try them all. The more the merrier, thats the way it should be.

AuroEdge
July 16th, 2007, 09:44
The most important issue is quality control. Even with the Open Edition custom firmwares I was very wary of updating until it was pretty much confirmed that there were no issues with the release. After a while DA's quality of worked showed. But, all these new guys are bringing the real possibility of bricking a lot of people's PSPs through faulty software.

kiore
July 16th, 2007, 09:50
Will the cfw's be different and can we chop and change between cfw's without going back to 1.50 .
Any thoughts?

tvrstl
July 16th, 2007, 12:01
just hope that they won't release these Firmwares to fast, than we'll have a problem with a lot of brics because the dev's thought that the fastest one would be the one with the status.

but ass I like M33, I can't wait to test these if they're better:D

tallica
July 16th, 2007, 13:14
Woot, i think its great that these coders are finaly being recognised.

mfz64
July 16th, 2007, 17:22
hopefully it lives up to its word

mikebeaver
July 16th, 2007, 17:41
I thought I should just add my tupence worth :)

This cfw has been in development since almost just after the time of D_A's departure, when he left Jas0nuk and the others started throwing ideas about to see what could be done, maybe M33 got there 1st, but it is a little buggy, especially with customisations etc.

I have a very strong beliefe that this alternative cfw will be a lot more stable, not because I am biased, but becuse I know these guys will be a lot more patient with their QA and the like.

The race to get the first new cfw is over, M33 have won that title hands down.
The race is on now for others to catch up, or even surpass that achievement, truely this is an exciting time for PSP owners, 1 new cfw, 1 definetly in the works and more rumours about XR and others all the time....

Mike..

jurkevicz
July 16th, 2007, 17:48
you're right, I hope this firmware becames the new standard for custom firmwares. I didn't like the M33 because it's very unstable with Themes.

GmDude66
July 16th, 2007, 22:17
you're right, I hope this firmware becames the new standard for custom firmwares. I didn't like the M33 because it's very unstable with Themes.

lol, that's not M33's fault, it's Sony's.

They changed some of the resource data in 3.51 from 3.40.

ish420ism
July 17th, 2007, 01:04
The most important issue is quality control.

I had a great laugh just by seeing B.S. in your Sig:rofl:

Andrew Shand
July 17th, 2007, 12:51
Sound great! ...The only problem is the lack of flash space available, if you want to add new features, it means taking away some. Unless there was either someway to compress the files or maybe redirect them to a memory stick... Anyway, looking forward to it!:thumbup:

R4mbo
July 19th, 2007, 12:26
Good luck to you guys, may god bless you! lol

69logmein69
July 19th, 2007, 14:03
thanks u