PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Problems - Static on Screen

Disney26
July 16th, 2007, 04:28
I realize its a common problem, but when I fight against any enemy whose attack would normally cause a countdown to display over one of my characters heads, the entire screen gets staticy, turns green, then the game slows down.

Its incredibly annoying. Ive tried almost everything as far as changing the screen size, slowing/speeding up disk load, etc. Obviously these all do nothing.

I originally used POPstation (believe thats what it was, dont exactly remember) to create the iso. Curious if anyone has found that another program works better or if its a problem with 3.40 OE's built in PSP Emu. :confused:

Oh, for the record.... I hate the green Dino's in the Jungle and their Stone Stare.....

...Not to mention the Frogs as well...

>_<

porkilove4god
July 16th, 2007, 05:40
yeah i know what you are talking about!!! ughh so frusturating. yes if anyone knows how to fix this i woud appreciate it so much!!

Disney26
July 16th, 2007, 08:23
Exactly. This frustration can not stand.

*Shameless Bump*

O-bake
July 16th, 2007, 09:52
The problem is a known issue on 3.40OE.
You have two options:
1. Use popsloader to play it with pops 3.11
2. Use 3.51M33, wich seems to run FF7 perfectly

Disney26
July 16th, 2007, 10:22
The problem is a known issue on 3.40OE.
You have two options:
1. Use popsloader to play it with pops 3.11
2. Use 3.51M33, wich seems to run FF7 perfectly

Wont be able to try out option (2) until later tomorrow, so Ill let everyone know if spells like Stone Stare and Death Sentence still lock up the game.

Hopefully 3.51 will solve these seemingly senseless issues

porkilove4god
July 16th, 2007, 18:57
yeah disney can you update me if it works. thanks.

carlitx
July 16th, 2007, 19:36
yah ive had that same problem, now i have a fix thnx, but what about save files? will the game still load them in the new CFW? because ive found sometimes it dont work

Disney26
July 17th, 2007, 23:41
Sorry for the delay, but nevertheless, turns out updating to 3.51 M33 solves all our problems.

So far, Ive tested spells like Death Sentence and Stone Snare. They both work correctly and dont cause lock ups. And as for what Carlitx asked, I havent had any problems loading my saved game files.

Ill update everyone more later (as I get further into the game) and let you know if any other issues arise. For the time being, enjoy one of the best games of all time!

If you need to update to 3.51, here is a great guide posted by The EX:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68651

:thumbup: Good Luck and Have Fun all! :thumbup:

Disney26
July 18th, 2007, 05:27
Just incase someone missed the update

*Bump*

ff7rules
July 18th, 2007, 22:34
anyone know if this works with ff8s crashes aswell?

EDIT: im testing it now with dollet tower

EDIT: I HAVE SOME FANTASTIC NEWS FF8 NO LONGER CRASHES AT DOLLET TOWER!!!!! WITH THIS NEW FIRMWARE M33!

Disney26
July 19th, 2007, 01:15
anyone know if this works with ff8s crashes aswell?

EDIT: im testing it now with dollet tower

EDIT: I HAVE SOME FANTASTIC NEWS FF8 NO LONGER CRASHES AT DOLLET TOWER!!!!! WITH THIS NEW FIRMWARE M33!

There was another thread about FF8 not working due to crashes during ingame videos. However, they were talking about POPS Converter and it seemed most peoples previously converted ISO's were working fine. Im pretty sure that 3.51 M33 hasnt had any problems yet, so good news there.

But keep your ear to the grindstone, cause you never know

ff7rules
July 19th, 2007, 01:19
yea i just had that long battle with that robot and it froze when i tried to revive selphie i had cast draw about 80 times though lol that thing is unbeatable i swear

Disney26
July 19th, 2007, 01:23
Haha :thumbup:

I just read your post about FF8 working, glad to hear it. My PSP went up in value about 3-Fold the day I realized I could play FFVII on it...

...So the day a lame green Dino Stone Stared it to death pretty much made me :mad:

ff7rules
July 19th, 2007, 01:29
yeah ff8 is fine now its just i went mental to try make it crash casting gfs limits etc is ff7 100% working if so i think im gonna play that through once more would be my 20th time:P i love that game

Disney26
July 19th, 2007, 01:39
Although I just messaged you, Id like to formally announce here that it is :D

Ill keep everyone posted as I get farther into it