PDA

View Full Version : AFKIM not support non buddy listed messages?

Gawker
July 16th, 2007, 07:05
So I was playing around with the latest iteration of AFKIM (I got me a Targus on the way YAY!) and I realized that if someone messages you who is NOT on your buddy list AFKIM doesn't do anything.

It doesn't give you the message, it doesn't tell you there WAS a message, and it sure won't let you respond because as far as AFKIM is concerned the message never happened...

Is this a known bug or something I'm experiencing on my own? Is there a work around for it or another way to get the functionality of IMing without having to always be updating your buddy list via your PC?

Cloudhunter
July 16th, 2007, 13:30
It does tell you there is a new message; press up until you get onto the status window. However, you can't reply unless you use it to add them as a buddy.

Cloudy

Gawker
July 16th, 2007, 18:58
It does tell you there is a new message; press up until you get onto the status window. However, you can't reply unless you use it to add them as a buddy.

Cloudy

How do you add them? I've tried the add command several ways and it never works. What is the right command useage for it?

Also I just tried it...logged in via AFKIM and messaged myself from my PS to the PSP and there is NO indication of a message in any way. Pressing up does nothing either so either something's wrong with mine or we've got our information crossed. What version are you using that it works the way you describe?

cal360
July 16th, 2007, 20:17
Safex no one like advertising in forums now go bug someone else

Gawker
July 17th, 2007, 06:14
I can't even get a reply from Danzel...the author. Anyone know what's going on here? I'm really excited about having this Targus coming in and I was looking forward to getting some use out of it on this but it's not very useful without being able to receive messages from the general public...

Gawker
July 20th, 2007, 04:25
bumpity bump bump cause i still don't have an answer yet.

I've tried a couple different versions with different setups but nothing I do allows anyone outside the buddy list to message me when using AFKIM. I'd REALLY like some help here guys so let's get on the ball please.

psouza4
July 22nd, 2007, 16:37
I have the same issue with AFKIM. I just decided that the software was incomplete and the author will probably add it at a future date. Sad though that the author won't reply to you :/