PDA

View Full Version : PSP 1.5(1+) Emulator/Hacks WITHOUT Swap Trick Notification

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 01:51
If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, catches any rumors, news, or information on any hacks, homebrews, emulators, or any other programs running on PSP Firmware 1.5/1.51/1.52 WITHOUT THE USEAGE OF THE SWAP TRICK, please post your findings below.

Thanks for your help.

Onetonbullet
June 18th, 2005, 02:54
heard that...

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 15:40
Heard what?

Please only post if you have any information...

Cross
June 18th, 2005, 17:21
If u do a search here in this area, Wragg put up a thread where a Japanese Hacker/programer came up with a single Memory card way of playing EMU's but u need a computer with a Memory card reader.

kaneco
June 18th, 2005, 17:58
Why doesn't he makes one and then sends it to this website or something, that will actually be a good idea. ;)

Edit: i'm guessing he has a reader anyway to find this out.

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 20:41
Unless I am mistaken, what you are suggesting is the One Memory Card Swap trick. I am asking for an emulator/homebrew/hack that does NOT, I repeat, does NOT require the Swap trick.

ArchAngel
June 18th, 2005, 21:15
Mikaa, this is pretty useless, im sure when there is a loophole without the swap trick, then it will be stickied and bold printed. Patience man, patience.

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 21:26
I know that I have to wait, and I accept that.

However, I keep asking for programs for the 1.5 for the simple fact that, while most emulators and programs state which system they will work on, many do not.

Worse yet, one of the SNES emulators state that it is for the 1.50 firmware specifically, yet it only works via the Swap trick. It is the lack of notice and poor naming that I keep asking, as I cannot know what is there unless I ask.

Onetonbullet
June 18th, 2005, 21:55
Heard that.

Spark
June 19th, 2005, 00:18
It works with the swap trick only, because that is the only recognised method of running unsigned code on a 1.5 unit.

If you don't want to use that method, then don't, but petty little threads like this aren't going to get anybody anywhere.

sony_psp
June 19th, 2005, 08:12
If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, catches any rumors, news, or information on any hacks, homebrews, emulators, or any other programs running on PSP Firmware 1.5/1.51/1.52 WITHOUT THE USEAGE OF THE SWAP TRICK, please post your findings below.

Thanks for your help.

shit no, r u kiddin? if we find a way to run homebrews on v1.5x without the swap trick we're not tellin NO ONE, got that? We'll just keep it a secret and not post it or anything, i mean we're not here to post info or anything right? :cool:

WSOUNitePirate895
June 19th, 2005, 15:09
BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU GOT! Its not that bad to have to swap.No one died when they had to use utopia on the Dreamcast, it almost the same concept

"IT reminds me of the Hunt!"

Mikaa
June 19th, 2005, 15:17
And petty comments like that aren't going to get anyone anywhere either.

That aside, how exactly does the swap work, and how could one work around it with a program?

Spark
June 19th, 2005, 16:07
I very much doubt you could, and there are plenty of FAQs out there which explain how it works, so just look them up.

ArchAngel
June 19th, 2005, 21:27
there is a method for a 1 memory card emulation, but it requires a computer with an external card drive compatible with PSP memory cards, look in the Website for it. It requires alot of work too.

Mikaa
June 20th, 2005, 13:52
Out of curiosity, with one card emulation, is it the swap trick, or does it work without removing the card?