PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

starfox468
July 16th, 2007, 15:03
Here's some homebrew games I downloaded off the internet 99.243.240.171/problem.zipThe Problem[/a] I want to know why there's a lot of files in the folders like Fishy.nds Fish.sc.nds and fishy.gba. Do I just leave them like that or do I have to do something to them?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 15:37
*.nds files are the basic DS binaries that most users put on their devices and launch.

*.ds.gba files have a special header attached to the front of the file so that they can be burned to old-school GBA flash carts and launched.

*.sc.nds files are actually *.ds.gba files that are renamed for Supercard users so that the Supercard will launch it in DS mode. For some reason, the Supercard launches files better when they're in *.ds.gba format, so people just copy and rename them for convenience.

You only need to have one on your device at a time.

starfox468
July 16th, 2007, 19:05
but do I put all of them or just 1 on the flash cart

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 20:01
Read my last statement. You only need to have one on your cart at a time. You didn't say what homebrew device you're using, so I'm just going to guess that you should use the regular *.nds files.

starfox468
July 16th, 2007, 22:09
ok ty I'm using supercard

DanTheManMS
July 16th, 2007, 22:41
There are several homebrew devices under the name "Supercard"

If you're using a slot-2 Supercard (CF, SD, miniSD, or microSD), then you should use the *.sc.nds files when available. If a regular *.nds file does not boot at all (gives you white screens), try running it through the Supercard Magic Homebrew Patcher, which will create a *.sc.nds file for you to use.

If you're using the Supercard DS:One, then use the plain *.nds files.