PDA

View Full Version : Alice demo v.2.1 released

patbier
June 15th, 2004, 22:48
Hello, we've just released our v.2.1 demo :)
It was presented at the Jaguar Connexion 2004 (www.jaguar-connexion.fr.st)

Here is the changelog from demo v.2.0

- new graphic renderer (especially when you zoom)
- more musics (only during plateformer)
- better jump
- the path which was so difficult to find, is easier to find
- stage bonus 1 ( a card game)
- few bug fixed

This release is stable, because some girls and guys played it during hours in the Jaguar Connexion and no bugs were found :)
(oh just a little bug on a texture in the bonus stage presentation, not really annoying).

Test this demo if you don't play demo V.2.0., or if you're a total fan :)
Indeed, this demo will be added to the dreamcast demo disc, released soon, with other things added.

Lastly this demo is compatible with chanka, even if the game speed is too fast, so you can try it on your pc. Just see the link above.

Version Nero autoboot and version multisession available on :

www.alicedreams.com

wraggster
June 15th, 2004, 22:54
Thanks for the news Patbier :)

wraggster
June 15th, 2004, 22:56
download doesnt seem to be working for me at the mo

wraggster
June 15th, 2004, 22:58
ahh working now :P

ill have a mirror up asap

patbier
June 15th, 2004, 23:30
you have tested as fast as possible :o
so fast, that files weren't 100% on the ftp :D
now it's ok ;)
can i use your mirror on my website ?
(each visitor is pointed to a download link different)

Del_Boy
June 15th, 2004, 23:39
Works great with Chankast :) Excellent work!

Will post a screenshot or two later.

Del_Boy
June 16th, 2004, 02:19
Here is a pic from the new version of Alice running on Chankast :) It runs perfectly, as far as I can tell.

wraggster
June 16th, 2004, 02:21
ive uploaded the files to http://www.dcemulation.com/aliced21_multi.zip & http://www.dcemulation.com/aliced21_nero.zip for use as mirors

patbier
June 16th, 2004, 07:44
well the mirror doesn't work, it says :

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.dcemulation.com/aliced21_multi.zip

The following error was encountered:

* Off-network linking to images and downloads is not permitted.

Other sites are encouraged to link to the main page, rather than the downloads themselves. Please contact the webmaster of the site which provided this link so they may correct the error.

M@jk
June 16th, 2004, 11:35
Just info for developers: I can make a polish translation of this game for ya (if you wish ofcourse..) just send me a file with all dialogs (in english) and i will translate.

Black_death
June 16th, 2004, 13:22
Please anyone could tell me if there is a way to play alice with chankast without burn the image? No cd-r for me!!! >:( >:( >:(
Thanks in advance for the help

patbier
June 16th, 2004, 13:43
Just info for developers: I can make a polish translation of this game for ya (if you wish ofcourse..) just send me a file with all dialogs (in english) and i will translate.

yes, sorry, i have seen your private message on dcemaultion.com just a few days ago. It's a good idea, but does your language need special character ?
If you want the new english script (which will be used in the next demo), you can have : http://www.c99.org/~shinji_ikari256/alice_english_dub.doc

patbier
June 16th, 2004, 13:44
Please anyone could tell me if there is a way to play alice with chankast without burn the image? No cd-r for me!!! *>:( >:( >:(
Thanks in advance for the help

yes, please go on our website, www.alicedreams.com, go to "demo dreamcast" and you'll find a tutorial to play with chanka without burning on a cd

Black_death
June 16th, 2004, 16:15
I have followed the tutorial and mkfisos create and iso than i can't read with daemon virtual cd. The i have tried to launch it in the dos prompt :o
Browse/Type in the chanka EXE path
chanka.exe -file c:\dc\image.iso , then File -> Start
Oh, i have never hear than chankast can run iso directly ;D
Please anyone can help me?

patbier
June 16th, 2004, 21:34
perhaps the sentence is not easy to understand, my english is not perfect ;)
but, you gave the answer of your question.
what is the step you don't understand ?

Black_death
June 16th, 2004, 22:22
I have followed the tutorial. I have created the iso with mkfisos but when i try to lauch the iso with chankast it simply does nothing..... please tell me exactly how should i do to lauch isos with chankast because it seem very strange for me. I have also the chankast utilities installed and the programmer say it want implement the iso loader option for chankast but he don't know how to do so i doubt you can load directly iso for now. Anyway if you can please help me.
Thanks

Eric
July 12th, 2004, 09:55
okay i think what i am about to say you have done i am not sure i am going to write it again i havent even seen the tutorial only thing is my computer is crap and for some reason cant make isos so i am going to start with completed iso once the iso is done go to daemon tools use virtual cd and give whatever drive is selected for virtual cd the iso then go to chankast and load the drive that you have selected for virtual cd and load that should be it there now also i am not to sure cause i dont have the emu and again havent seen the tutorial but if chankast runs cdi's and nrg's try downloading a selfboot file from there homesite and again use daemon tools virtual cd select drive post the image there run chankast load the drive you have used virtual cd on and BAM!!! it might work anyways i could be stupid and not know what i am talking about but if it works let people know

curt_grymala
July 12th, 2004, 14:32
Punctuation and paragraphs can be your friend, eric.

Eric
July 12th, 2004, 20:08
hey curt how about you quit making fun of me all the time you are kinda bugging me about i dont think thats fair also isnt this supposed to be a friendly forum i am sorry i dont have great punctuation but i am illiterate i find you pretty damn rude how would you like if i said something about you i know you wouldnt like it cause you would ban me find that fair i dont so please dont ever respond with a rude gesture again cause its not right

THANKS!!!!

Eric

curt_grymala
July 12th, 2004, 20:15
I apologize eric. I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just trying to point out that it can be very difficult to read a post when it looks like that.

Eric
July 12th, 2004, 20:39
okay i am sorry for what i said then i wish i could make better punctuation and make it more understandable for people to read but i am illiterate worth crap and as you can see i cant spell so i am sorry if people cant understand what i say half the time but your going to have to put up with it sorry

Eric