PDA

View Full Version : Repeated posts.

shizzle
June 18th, 2005, 09:14
The thing is since 1.5 hs been cracked, we have had the same posts that have been answered over and over again. Things that can be easily looked up. Can't we make a rule or something saying that people should search the forums before they start something really basic: what is an eboot, how do i get one. for example. or face a warning or have their ability to start theads taken away for a few or so days>??

Not for everythng jus for the real basics.

Also a message for the newbies out there. If you cant find it in sites like this and the other major psp sites, it doesn't exist yet.

Greensprout
June 18th, 2005, 11:37
I agree, it seems that since v1.5 has been exploited we're getting loads of noobs here who ask one stupid question that's already been answered before and then they never come back.

Can't you make it so that new users can't create a new post until they have been a member for 24 hours or something?

Jdemon
June 18th, 2005, 14:23
Perhaps a seperate 1.5 Forum? Then us Noobs won't get in the way of you big time hot shots who are so busy being full of knowledge that it's beneath you to help us out :D

wraggster
June 18th, 2005, 14:31
its always best to have a look at old topics but the movement of this scene is so staggering that a week away and youll miss loads

obelisk
June 18th, 2005, 14:41
the dc stuff gets totally drowned

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 16:06
I myself have both seen and made pages that deal with simmilar problems, but I have found that many pages, though dealing with simmilar topics, are aimed at different problems.

For instance, I have noted that one page asks for help with any emulators for 1.5 PSPs, whereas another asks for how to use the 1.5 "Method B" Swap Trick. Yet another (one of which I made) asks for 1.5+ emulators WITHOUT the use of the Swap trick.

There are many simmilar pages, but there are some differences between many of them. Not all, but some.

Food for thought, as it were.

shizzle
June 18th, 2005, 18:35
jdemon you're fine. What i've seen you ask has been in the 1.5 big threads,rather than opening threads people could ask in the 1.5 hombrew thread, that will it will always remain at the top and it will never sink. People are starting pointless threads left right and centre. I'm generally fine with these 1.5 swaping posts, it just all this whats an eboot, whats and emulator crap.

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 20:47
Considering the vast differences between the 1.0 firmware and the 1.5+ firmwares, I think it would be wise to have a completely different page for users.

After all, it would decrease the ammount of people begging for answers to why their PSPs would not run the emulators. Can't get rid of them all, but it would drop the numbers.

Course, if people would actually post which firmwares the programs work on and the people actually read them, it would remove that problem to a mere nusance...

bakwardbob
June 18th, 2005, 21:15
I am in these boards plenty, and I hardly ever post anything. But lately, I feel that a good majority of the posts are ego posts. Please like to see there names in the boards or something...

I am excited to read about new things changing in the sceen, NOT to hear the same people asking "Which emulators do not require the swap trick for 1.5?"

NOTHING AT THIS POINT!!!!!!

Just keep coming back and check from time to time and it will happen. At this point is I had to time to program anything, I would really consider not ever releasing it. The main reason, everyone would whine about what it can't do, instead of being happy with what it actually does...

Maybe I am just grumpy...

Thanks!

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 21:21
I am in these boards plenty, and I hardly ever post anything. But lately, I feel that a good majority of the posts are ego posts. Please like to see there names in the boards or something...

I am excited to read about new things changing in the sceen, NOT to hear the same people asking "Which emulators do not require the swap trick for 1.5?"

NOTHING AT THIS POINT!!!!!!

Just keep coming back and check from time to time and it will happen. At this point is I had to time to program anything, I would really consider not ever releasing it. The main reason, everyone would whine about what it can't do, instead of being happy with what it actually does...

Maybe I am just grumpy...

Thanks!

I have been in your shoes (angry about posts that do not conscern me), and I can relate. However, until there is actual 1.5 programs of emulators running, people will continue to ask questions. This is both confirmed by simple human nature and a brief participation I had with another forum once.

I too would prefer to just be happy with what I have, but when there are posts and programs saying that 1.5 emulators are out but are really mislabled, I have to ask, and so do others.

Sorry for the rant, and I hope we can accept the simple fact that we cannot control what others post. It might irritate us, but we cannot do anything about it, and thus must move on.