PDA

View Full Version : Some clarification would be appreciated.

Untamed.
July 17th, 2007, 04:45
Hmm... This PSP hacking is kind of confusing me, there isn't one solid source with all the information, everything seems very scattered. I have a few questions.

I have a TA-082 PSP that I've already upgraded to 3.10 OE-A.

1. I was under the assumption that UMD Emulator was required to play backup .isos, but my backup .iso loads just fine just being in the ms0:/ISO directory without the UMD Emulator? Is my PSP magic, or is it a feature of the OE firmware that I missed?

2. When upgrading to 3.51 M33, you're supposed to put the M33 Creator folder and the renamed eboots in it into the GAME150 directory. I have done that, and run it just fine, but it freeze when it gets to the "Writing 3.51 firmware...", it just continually reads the memory stick. I have read others having this issue, but I haven't seen a solution posted, any suggestions?

I think I had a couple other questions, but I forgot.

Thx
Untamed.

ohnonotme
July 17th, 2007, 05:07
1. yes you missed that feature and 2. i personally dont think you should upgrade to the firmware from new people like that and wait to see what happens if they are good or not but no i have no idea

Untamed.
July 17th, 2007, 05:27
1. yes you missed that feature

Thanks.

2. i personally dont think you should upgrade to the firmware from new people like that and wait to see what happens if they are good or not but no i have no idea

From what I've read, it's been tested pretty thoroughly since release and seems to work pretty well. I'm picking up Tales of the World soon, and I assume I'm going to need a higher firmware than I have.

mike_jmg
July 17th, 2007, 19:08
you were runing the update creator right?

the writing 3.51.. takes a little longer than the other ones, it freaked me out too (did you let it finish?)

If it took too long maybe your memory stick is a fake one

check your memory stick, to do so, someone told me that you need to check the info on the xmb, just put the cursor on the memory stick on your psp, pres triangle, select information

and it will had a display saying the space used, free smace and MAGICGATE: SUPPORTED, if it says UNKNOWN maybe it's fake

Untamed.
July 17th, 2007, 20:16
Yep, it's real, although it did come with my PSP when it was purchased.

Well, I'll try letting it sit for a half hour.

Thanks.