PDA

View Full Version : PSP Soft Mod Issues

Four20
July 17th, 2007, 06:53
I was given a PSP from a friend. It seems to play games, and movies ok, but when I am just in the system browsing around, it gives errors and ends up freezing.

The guy says he wanted to do the 'homebrew' thing, but didn't read into it all. He went and installed 'Custom Firmware', but he didn't 'downgrade' before.

He is sure this is what caused the system errors to begin happening. Is there some way I can reset this to factory default? If it is just a firmware issue. . .or is this PSP just bricked?

Let me know if anyone needs anymore information. I can play around with it and write down the error code(s) it gives if needed.

I'm not stupid when it comes to gaming and modding a console. I even did a modchip install on my own Wii, boy that modchip was SMALL! I am just ignorant to the whole PSP homebrew scene with the custom firmware and downgrading. I have been reading into it lately, but only because I've never owned one in the past.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

bah
July 17th, 2007, 09:24
What firmware is it exactly?

Go to the very left of the menu, down to system settings and hit x, then down to system information and hit x.

Four20
July 17th, 2007, 10:32
it says 3.40

-Xandu-
July 17th, 2007, 10:44
3.40 isn't a custom firmware it's an official one. And to homebrew enable your PSP you must first downgrade using the 3.50 downgrader (http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,88888895/func,fileinfo/id,19/) (Lumines UMD needed).

If it's 3.40 OE, then it's a custom firmware.

Four20
July 17th, 2007, 20:16
Well I do remember him saying after he did the 'OE' firmware update, he said he went and did the regular firmware update, from sony. I laughed when he told me this, cause it blew my mind. But he is 16, so maybe he will learn with age.

so if he doesn't downgrade, and he tries to install the OE custom firmware, what happens. it doesn't allow him to install it?

-Xandu-
July 17th, 2007, 22:24
It won't work on official firmwares besides 1.5 since they don't have homebrew support, so yeah, you have to downgrade.

Safari Al
July 18th, 2007, 00:08
If you need any help dgrading or oe pm me!