PDA

View Full Version : FF8 unplayable because of intro moving... need fix or save.

punkonjunk
July 17th, 2007, 08:11
Basically topic. it locks up at the same point during the intro video, probobly during all videos. If I could figure out the file type, could I remove the video files from the ISO and replace with blank files of the same name? Or is there some way to rip the FMVs from it? That would be more convienient.

factor remix
July 17th, 2007, 22:03
???? when it was unplayble???

I think you'r using ps1p or something...

punkonjunk
July 18th, 2007, 04:45
I'm using simple POPS, and it locks up during the intro movie. is it possibly a problem with my ISO?

24grams
July 18th, 2007, 13:37
download IceTea 1.3 and convert it from there, it should work. However that won't stop it from freezing somewhere else though (dollet mission).

punkonjunk
July 18th, 2007, 22:00
Wait, it always freezes during dollet? Like there is no fix? That would piss me off pretty bad. Do any of the FF games work in pops?

Gene
July 19th, 2007, 00:38
I beat the entire game on my psp. so it is totally playable. If you don't belive me I will get a screenie or a video or something. well i guess it wouldn't prove it but believe me I did beat final fantasy 8 on psp. And I got just about all of the important stuff except for doing the card queen side missions. I never really had the patience for it.

But yeah if it is freezing, then I suppose your data is bad. Try ripping it again. If that doesn't work, there are other ways of getting past certain parts in video games. like using CWcheat's memory card loader.

punkonjunk
July 19th, 2007, 02:42
thanks, gene. Do you know what firmware you have? Many people report pop's problems with anything past 3.03OE.