PDA

View Full Version : substitute dpg converter

Bert245
July 17th, 2007, 10:14
i just got my r4(love it) and i need a substitute dpg converter.can someone give me a link?

XDelusion
July 17th, 2007, 10:38
http://moonbooks.net/moonbooks/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?118.last

DanTheManMS
July 17th, 2007, 18:39
BatchDPG is good, and the SUPER video converter has recently added a DPG profile you can use if you like.

XDelusion
July 18th, 2007, 14:50
Super Video Converter you say?

I'll check into it most definatly!

x999x
July 18th, 2007, 15:40
BatchDPG is good, and the SUPER video converter has recently added a DPG profile you can use if you like.

Super does Dpg now? Wow, thanks for the heads up, I must try this at once!

I love super, too bad finding the download link is near impossible! Hint: Click links that say "Download" you'll eventually find the installer links at the bottom of the page.

XDelusion
July 18th, 2007, 15:57
Ha ha, ya it took me a few minutes to figure out where to download it too! :)

Nice thing about this program is that it has a default Nintendo DS setting (which I am testing now) so it looks like this may be the best choice yet assuming my encode comes out correct.

DanTheManMS
July 18th, 2007, 18:37
I personally use SUPER but haven't updated to the version with the DPG profile, so I don't know how well it works.

There's also a new program out called dpgmux that I messed with last night. It works INCREDIBLY quickly, but unfortunately the video quality isn't all that great. Well actually, it's more complicated than that. I used a bitrate of 256 in both DPGTools (with the high-quality encoding selected) and dpgmux. While the output files had about the same filesize, the one from DPGTools looked a lot better. If you use 448 for the bitrate in dpgmux, it looks very good, but the filesize nearly doubles.

If you just want really fast video encoding however, check it out. It's a bit complicated to set up. You have to go and get the latest versions of ffmpeg.exe and mediainfo.dll (urls given in the ReadMe files) and place them in C:\Windows\System32 before dragging and dropping the video file onto a batch script.

x999x
July 21st, 2007, 00:50
Thanks for the info Dan, I gave Super a go and it does a very good job.

The plus side here is you don't need to install the NetFramework that DPGTools requires, nor do you have to isntall AVISynth, Super has what it needs locally.

As for quality, I cant seem to hit 24fps no matter what settings I try in any of the DPG programs. Sure it will look great and move smooth, but the sound sync is way off.

It seems the best I can get in DPGTools 1.2/3 and Super is 18 fps @ 300-440kbps.

I'm not complaining 18 looks a lot better than 15, that's for sure. One thing I am a stickler for though is 2 pass encoding, and DpgTools 1.2 has this enabled. I've got to do some tests now between two files encoded with Super and DpgT1.2 and see who wins.

DanTheManMS
July 21st, 2007, 07:00
Try lowering the bitrate. Really any video is enjoyable at a bitrate of 256, at least in my eyes. That should give you enough of a push to up the framerate a bit.

I know the latest betas of BatchDPG (which aren't available on the main site for some reason) can handle 20 fps at a relatively high framerate, so perhaps you could try that if you'd like. The beta is at http://gbatmw.net/index.php?topic=1840.0 if you're interested, though I think you'll need a previous installation before you replace the *.exe file with this beta one.

The first post at http://gbatmw.net/index.php?topic=398.195 can give you an idea of the settings you can use with BatchDPG, which is fairly impressive. 384 bitrate at 20-22 fps ain't that bad.