PDA

View Full Version : 1.5

TAPION
June 18th, 2005, 14:58
Is there abosolutly no way of running a ROm on your version 1.5 PSP, without using the memorystick swap trick?

Greensprout
June 18th, 2005, 15:17
There is supposedly a way to do it : Single Memory Card Exploit (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/singlememcardexploit.shtml)

No idea if it works because I ain't tried it..

Good luck

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 16:01
The question is whether or not you can run an emulator on a 1.5+ PSP WITOUT using any form of swap trick. I don't want to damage my US$80+ card.

xuphorz
June 18th, 2005, 17:23
The question is whether or not you can run an emulator on a 1.5+ PSP WITOUT using any form of swap trick. I don't want to damage my US$80+ card.

it won't damage it, alot of plp have done it, and no one has reported a damage because of using swap method

shizzle
June 18th, 2005, 18:36
This has been asked soooo many times.

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 20:44
This has been asked soooo many times.

And until it is answered, I predict it will constantly be asked.

That aside, I have heard that several hackers are close to hacking the 1.5 firmware, though I have to wonder, and in doing so ask, would a 1.5 emulator work on a 1.51+?

J sims
June 18th, 2005, 21:39
And until it is answered, I predict it will constantly be asked.

That aside, I have heard that several hackers are close to hacking the 1.5 firmware, though I have to wonder, and in doing so ask, would a 1.5 emulator work on a 1.51+?

Do you mean by hacking 1.5 that you won't need to switch cards?

Mikaa
June 19th, 2005, 15:15
That is the general idea, yes.

Jdemon
June 19th, 2005, 16:53
So far I've gotta be going on 30+ times swapping now. I have had no kind of error/problems with the cards at all. If you are too slow getting in the second card the PSP just says it can't read the file. Even when the PSP locks up due to emulation problems (testing :D) it re-starts NP.

I have a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo 1.0GB and the SONY 32MB that came with the PSP both are 'magic gate' (whatever that means :confused: )

I'm hopefull that the swap method will eventually be unnecessary. But while some of you wait I'll be playing :D

Oh and the 'Single Memory Card Exploit' just seems a little crazy to me, buying a second card is definitely a better option.

slayer2psp
June 19th, 2005, 18:36
ive done it a bunch of times to it wont hurt your memory stick because it doesnt try to load intill the stick is put in i really doubt it will hurt your psp or memory stick i have a gig and im not having any trouble at all plus the memory sticks have a lifetime warranty on them

Jdemon
June 19th, 2005, 19:48
Good, I'm glad to here that it is a useable alternative. I would find it frustrating to have to do everytime, especially since I've been testing alot of games to see what works and what doesn't.

Mikaa
June 20th, 2005, 13:58
Then let me ask this: do you have to swap the card EVERY TIME you start up the PSP or the emulator?

Gamelver
June 20th, 2005, 16:55
yes, you do...but it's not that bad, really...it's a small price to pay to be able to play SNES and Genesis (and other systems, of course!) on the PSP :D

Mikaa
June 20th, 2005, 17:25
::sigh:: Though many don't think it a major risk, I cannot justify using a method that could ruin my only memory card, which would be nigh impossible to replace at the moment.

And considering that I can play all of these emulators on the PC without any tricky timing, it's not really worth it at the moment.

Alas, time moves too slowly...