PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading question

pizzle
July 17th, 2007, 21:25
I might be totally confused with all this firmware stuff, but i have firmware version 3.11. I know that there isn't a hack for it. I have seen i think a 3.40 version and this is above my version ,so can i update my psp to i get to the 3.40 then, downgrade to 1.50.I've read alot of different things about the psp and i think i confused myself. If anyone could explain this to me i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
pizzle

Shrygue
July 17th, 2007, 21:36
No, you need to update to 3.50 and downgrade from there. You will need a copy of of the first Lumines game to proceed from there.

pizzle
July 17th, 2007, 21:46
Thanks for the quick reply YKB! Is there anything that i won't be able to do on my psp once i downgrade to 1.50.

Shrygue
July 17th, 2007, 21:59
You won't be able to play games that require a higher firmware, there is also no Internet browser, and no PSX emulator, along with other things as well. You will be able to run homwbrew applications. You will also be able to installl custom firmware which will allow you to run homebrew and the latest games with all the other features just mentioned.

pizzle
July 17th, 2007, 22:07
Don't mean to sound dumb ,but installing version 1.50 i
'll lose the above mentioned. I can eventually get it back with the install of custom firmware correct ,and also run homebrew apps.

-Xandu-
July 17th, 2007, 22:10
Yes, after downgrading to 1.50 upgrade to one of the custom firmwares, I advise you to upgrade to 3.40 OE since it's the best by far and bug free ;).

pizzle
July 17th, 2007, 22:12
Thanks for the help help!