PDA

View Full Version : sooo.. I just got DS lite. how do you put homebrews to DS? cable or something?

HumanIce
July 18th, 2007, 21:28
I have PSP.. and played PS1 game & all.. but I fell for that stupid mario & metroid.. and these games suck balls really.. PSP is way more fun lol.
but how do you put homebrews to DS anyway?? do you need some nintendo mini cable? or wifi usb.. or what? I kinda want to test out that doom for DS, also duke nukem.. but they look crap on DS.. and must be slow because its an awful console..
I'm kinda now waiting for another 2D metroid or an SSB for DS..

EDIT: this will be on my sig.. for now..
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t155/HumanIce64/psp-vs-ds.gif
made by me :D

pibs
July 18th, 2007, 23:50
you will need a R4 or M3 cartridge to boot up ur homebrew oh and a micro sd

DanTheManMS
July 19th, 2007, 01:16
You spend 90% of your post bashing the DS and saying it sucks, so why should we bother helping you if you're going to hate the console you're putting homebrew on?

HumanIce
July 19th, 2007, 09:30
you will need a R4 or M3 cartridge to boot up ur homebrew oh and a micro sd
I need.. an own.. cartridge.. o_o!?

well.. never mind. this thread is over.. all I needed to know..

EDIT: wait! how do you put stuff into an empty cartridge? this is something I really want to know..

themadvictor
July 23rd, 2007, 15:35
where do you get a micro sd and a r4 or m3 from

koiulpoi
August 5th, 2007, 04:47
I have PSP.. and played PS1 game & all.. but I fell for that stupid mario & metroid.. and these games suck balls really.. PSP is way more fun lol.
but how do you put homebrews to DS anyway?? do you need some nintendo mini cable? or wifi usb.. or what? I kinda want to test out that doom for DS, also duke nukem.. but they look crap on DS.. and must be slow because its an awful console..
I'm kinda now waiting for another 2D metroid or an SSB for DS..

EDIT: this will be on my sig.. for now..
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t155/HumanIce64/psp-vs-ds.gif
made by me :D

So, let me try and parse your post.

Let's see...

DS Sucks, PSP is better.
I played Mario and Metroid, but I found the PSP games to be more fun.
I want to test Doom and Duke Nukem 3D on the DS, even though they will be in low-resolution and low framerate due to the DS's inferior hardware.
The DS sucks compared to the PSP because the PSP can be emulated.

Oohhhkay. I'm not gonna touch the "OMG DS SUCKS" sections, as you're allowed your opinion.

For homebrew, you will need some kind of flash card. There's also a way to send data over wifi (called WMB), but to run unsigned code (homebrew) you need to flash your DS's hardware, which requires a flash cart anyways.

As for the emulator thing, I'm really not sure what the point of that was. As far as I know, there's only one PSP emulator that runs commercial games (potemkin), and it runs slowly and with horrible compatability. On the other hand, the DS has DeSmuME and No$Gba, which both run quite a large selection of games.