PDA

View Full Version : Dgen PSP v001

wraggster
June 19th, 2005, 00:21
Wow what an amazing day for releases and this is a goodie too, this is a port of Dgen/Sdl for the PSP and named Dgen PSP 001 and seems to be made by Devil.

This is of course another Megadrive/Genesis emulator for the PSP and has a rom rom selection screen and recognises smd/bin files and also runs at up to 60fps with sound on games.

All in all another great release, download from our Dgen PSP page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dgenpsp.shtml

Thanks to PSPwiki for the news.

shadowprophet
June 19th, 2005, 02:03
It comes already clocked at 333 mhz, which to me is pushing the processor faster then i feel safe with, however you can turn the processor down, if you want a poor running emulator. (tested only on the 1.5:p )

It doesnt seem to support full screen mode.

However on the bright side of things, it does work on the 1.5, which is more then i can say for the doom game that just came out.

If tho your okay with an emulator that doesnt support full screen, and are willing to turn the sound off, it seems to run really smoothly:)

Spark
June 19th, 2005, 03:19
Do you really think that 333mhz is gonna do some serious damage ?

From what I've seen so far, it just drains the battery a whole lot faster, as could be expected, and there haven't been any reports yet of anyone's hardware developing errors.

Doom works perfectly on a 1.5 btw, I've ran both 1,2 and the supplied shareware on my unit, in fact I've probably given them more attention and time than any other homebrew app I've tried.

shadowprophet
June 19th, 2005, 06:00
I dunno man, I cant seem to get doom to run no matter what i try.
It will act like its gonna load and then go back to the psp menu.

As for the 333 mhz thing.
Yeah i do kinda think it could hurt the system.
I mean im no computer tech, oh wait I am a computer tech :p silly me.
My reasoning is simple. theres no vents in the unit anywhere.
Ps2/Game cube/x-box All vented with fans.
Im not saying its not possible, Im just saying,I dont even see how they found room for a heat sinc,So you know there cant be a fan.
It could be damageing to run them for long periods of time at 333 mhz.
I would take a hint from sony.
They have yet to bring out a game that runs at a full 333 mhz.
However im not stateing facts, Its just my opinion.
But it does seem likely, if sony put a 333 in there it was ment to be used doesnt it.
In short im just lery about it, thats all:rolleyes:

Cap'n 1time
June 19th, 2005, 06:36
as for the 333 clock thing.. on the latest snes9x port, i feel like increasing the clock speed to 333mhz has no effect.. il have to see how it effects this later.

i dont think the clock speed would damage your system, but it might take alot more out of the battery life.

I do believe that I read sony only planned on using the full clock speed during short burst of gameplay (when the speed is really needed in future games) and if that is so, i guess the reason for the short bursts would be so that it didnt damage your system.

shadowprophet
June 19th, 2005, 07:15
Hi this is probibly not the place to clear this up.
After messing around with it a bit i did in fact get doom to work on my psp.
I found out my problem was that the directory names (MUST BE) Doom-psp
for it to work.

Also i have to say it runs like a dream :D

Chrone
June 19th, 2005, 07:22
as for the 333 clock thing.. on the latest snes9x port, i feel like increasing the clock speed to 333mhz has no effect.. il have to see how it effects this later.

Um, it makes a huge difference...

Also...I hate to talk about this 333mhz crap...everyone is so stupid when it comes to this shit...theres so much bullshit being thrown around its ridiculous. However, I will say that its obvious the ONLY reason sony didnt set it at 333 is because you get about 2 hours of battery life at that speed...2 -3 hours to be exact, and thats just pathetic. Could you imagine the backlash they would have received if, instead of their marketed 6 hours, it was 2-3?

That alone would kill the sales of the system

Also...you can run the PSP at 333 for hours (I've run it max 4-5hours straight), and it never heats up more then it normally does running a UMD or movie files.

shadowprophet
June 19th, 2005, 08:09
Uhh didnt you just say that running the psp at 333 mhz would drain the life in 2 to 3 hours?
And then go on to say you had ran it at 333 mhz for 4 to 5 hours?

Thats kind of redundent.
But i wont be all nit picky and point that out.
Mostly all i wanted to know was,had it hurt anyones system.
Since it doesnt so to have caused any damage, im Kewl with the bat life issue.
And also thats a Good point if the batterly life runs out faster at 333 mhz its probibly a really good thing really.
Meaning that after too teribly long of running it at 333 mhz, you will have no choice but to give the system a rest to recharge it.
Which brings up a new question.
I wonder how much longer it would take the psp to recharge while playing somthing at 333 mhz?

Chrone
June 19th, 2005, 08:22
Uhh didnt you just say that running the psp at 333 mhz would drain the life in 2 to 3 hours?
And then go on to say you had ran it at 333 mhz for 4 to 5 hours?

Thats kind of redundent.
But i wont be all nit picky and point that out.
Mostly all i wanted to know was,had it hurt anyones system.
Since it doesnt so to have caused any damage, im Kewl with the bat life issue.
And also thats a Good point if the batterly life runs out faster at 333 mhz its probibly a really good thing really.
Meaning that after too teribly long of running it at 333 mhz, you will have no choice but to give the system a rest to recharge it.
Which brings up a new question.
I wonder how much longer it would take the psp to recharge while playing somthing at 333 mhz?

Yeah I leave plugged in while using it...its not a good idea to run the charge down on those batteries, it shortens their life much faster.

shizzle
June 19th, 2005, 10:00
The sony battery life is kinda pathetic. What they need is to bring out some kind of Uber battery that gets like 24 hours of play at 333 mhz, when the bring out gran turismo this will be a necessity.

Zeno
June 19th, 2005, 17:22
Tch. Too bad it only plays PAL and French games. Argh.

Jeisu
June 19th, 2005, 18:46
I'm quite surprised, do the 1.5s suck that bad? I get 7 hours (average) with solid state usage @ 333mhz. However, I did get 8 hours before, that doesn't mean it'll always happen. It may be a sound issue, but possibly not, or maybe? o.o;

I've been testing these things for several weeks, and I average at 7 hours of battery life. Mind you, this is an old PSP... twice as old as the ones you guys possess as your 1.5s... What factors could be draining your batteries that badly? From what I feel, the 1.5s are surperior in battery usage b/c of firmware updates, but I guess this isn't the case if someone gets a pathetic 3 hours from 333mhz?

<i>Ps2/Game cube/x-box All vented with fans.
Im not saying its not possible, Im just saying,I dont even see how they found room for a heat sinc,So you know there cant be a fan. </i>

If this were the case, then all of Sony's new slimline PS2s would've fried from overheating. The PSPs max output for you guys is around 3 hours of 333mhz, no? Then how in the hell could it damage it if it has roughly slightly more heat including the heat from your body for only 3 hours?
I find it stupid to think this way (no offense) as the Wi-Fi can last roughly 4.5 hours and still not break from the excessive heat, your hand will feel very warm, however the system itself is very safe.
Then another case of having it on the brightest (4th) setting, that heats it up even more. There still isn't quite a problem with intense heat that is alot
hotter than the 333mhz processing, and *GASP* no fan!!!

I say the only thing you'd have to worry about would be the system freezing similar to how systems can freeze from working for more than 36 hours.