PDA

View Full Version : Genesis/Megadrive Emulators. Compatability and Performance Postings

Terial
June 19th, 2005, 03:18
So far, I've tried Sonic 3&Knuckles (BIN format) on DGEN and Megadrive.
S3&K plays far better on DGEN. The sound is a bit clippish on this emulator however, and it's fairly slugish with sound (even with framerate set on 10).
With the sound off and frameskip set to 3, the game runs pefectly in Ice Cap Zone, however sometimes it feels too fast, but at a frameskip of 2, it seems too slow.(This is with the emulator set at 333MHz)

On Megadrive, the sound is very bad =/. It's EXTREMLY clippy and is annoying to listen to, I turn it off.

I'm about to try the PSP Genesis and see if it is any better than the two.

I would have tried Genesis/PSP however, I have no .SMD ROMS.
Please post your results here, with the settings you used, and the ROM used. (also, wether the ROM is SMD or BIN formatted.)

Terial
June 19th, 2005, 03:36
Results for Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic 2 on DGEN, both in .BIN formats. (with clockrate at 333MHz)

Okay, I've tried Sonic The Hedgehog, and when the black background comes up and the Zone name and Act number come up, the emulator freezes and gives me an error code and eventually shuts off. This happens on both the gameplay and the demo after the title screen.

Sonic 2 works well...besides the fact that it has no sound after the Title screen..

JcBoyCool
June 19th, 2005, 05:55
i have the same prob with my sonic game. that suck tho. any fixes?

StreetBoy
June 19th, 2005, 19:53
I've treid a few of the Megadrive/Genesis emulators, and so far I think that PSPGenesis is one of the best. I've got 1.5 firmware on a US PSP, and all roms i've tried run perfectly on it, with full sound. By the way, I think PSPGenesis can recognise both .bin and .smd roms, but you can just rename .bin to .smd and that works fine, that's what I do.

AnHeL77
June 19th, 2005, 20:45
it is by far the best genesis emu to date.

AnHeL77
June 19th, 2005, 20:51
i think the only difference in the new version is its set to 222mhz by default.