PDA

View Full Version : Im not sure what i am doing wrong with the roms

Chuunarusamurai
June 19th, 2005, 05:19
When i try using the games and emu's with roms it always says "the game could not be started (80020001) Am i putting the roms in the wrong place when i put it through "k:/psp/game/sgen/roms"?

Cap'n 1time
June 19th, 2005, 06:27
sounds like you arnt booting up the emulator. if you have a 1.5 psp you can use the swap method to run stuff. anything above that, welp, nothing you can do for now.

Chuunarusamurai
June 19th, 2005, 17:32
emulator comes up but not the game, but how do i find what version psp I have?

Cross
June 19th, 2005, 17:46
its under the first tab all the way to the left. Look through I believe system infomation/settings its in there.

Jdemon
June 19th, 2005, 18:08
Yep System Settings/System Information

But if you are getting the emulators to run my guess would be that either your roms are in the wrong place or need to be zipped/not zipped. Or maybe it could also be a caps/lower case problem? Or the EMU is looking for a specific name for the file.

Sorry, I'm not familliar with sgen...yet ;)

Chuunarusamurai
June 19th, 2005, 23:57
yea its 1.5 but can u be a little bit more specific i really appreciate ur help though i am still trying to figure this out. Post soon as possible i just want to get this to work ;).

F34R
June 20th, 2005, 00:01
what emu are you using ? I saw sgen up there in you dir structure.. what emu is that ?

Chuunarusamurai
June 20th, 2005, 15:04
the PSP Genesis v0.1

MaDD_Drizzle
June 21st, 2005, 04:03
Im having the same problems as he is...i have a 1.5 and i folllow directions precisely ...but yet cant get my PSP-Genesis to run...i see it in my psp and i click on it...but when it loads it goes to a black screen and thats it,...it says unable to start game blah bla bla

slayer2psp
June 21st, 2005, 04:14
Im having the same problems as he is...i have a 1.5 and i folllow directions precisely ...but yet cant get my PSP-Genesis to run...i see it in my psp and i click on it...but when it loads it goes to a black screen and thats it,...it says unable to start game blah bla bla did you use the MSwap tool first you need to run the pbp files through it first it then makes an output folder with two more folders in it ms1 ms2 the pbp file in ms1 goes on the first memory card you use to boot the emu if its the snes name a folder snes in the game folder put the pbp file in there do the same for memory card 2 make a folder in the game folder name it the same snes and put the pbp file thats in folder ms2 in there you also put your roms in this folder for the snes you dont have to unzipp them for the gen emu the roms must be unzipped. just remember to name the folders in the game folders the same on both memory cards

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 06:12
Well I finally checked this one out (PSP Genesis) and it's pretty damn sweet I must say. Anyone on a 1.5 PSP needs to learn how to use the swap trick before they can get any emulators running. As slayer2psp stated your roms need to be unzipped...in this case (Genesis) that means you will have .SMD files. Also make sure the 'system.fnt' file is in the emulator folder...I left it out at first and couldn't see any words :o