PDA

View Full Version : NDStation - A new EZ3in1 flasher

wraggster
July 19th, 2007, 17:06
News from Chuck Studios (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13716&sid=310dfc394e327b8d81b2b76a2f736bdd)

NDStation is a flasher for the EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack which allows you to package a ROM within a .NDS file and therefore run it from your Slot 1 flash card's main menu. Its purpose
is to make things feel more integrated and unified on your flash card.

----------------------
Usage: |
----------------------

To use NDStation, run the NDStation.exe included in this package. Some of the functions are self-explanatory, such as choosing the GBA ROM image you wish to use and where you want it to be copied. Game title defines the embedded title in the ROM. The first line is automatically set to the basename of the ROM chosen, although it can
easily be changed. Clicking "Customize the NDS" will open a menu where you can change the icon for the NDS file. A border option is also available but is inactive as border support is not yet implemented in the DS-side application. "Preview NDS" gives you a
rough idea of how the NDS will appear on R4DS's menu. "Go..." builds your .NDS file, and is finished when a message box pops up and says "Complete!" Don't forget to DLDI patch the NDS for your card.

Download Here (http://dpgdownloads.com/ndstation/NDStation_v1.zip)

Pilot_51
July 19th, 2007, 23:16
How exactly does this work? Do I need a GBA flash cart and if so does it need to be an EZFlash cart?
I just have R4DS and tested with a GBA homebrew game, but all it said was "Survived FAT init."
I'm considering buying a GBA flash cart to run GBA homebrew, but I don't want to if I don't need to. I was getting hopeful that this would be the solution.

DanTheManMS
July 20th, 2007, 00:22
This doesn't let you run GBA files from slot-1, no. You still need to have a compatible slot-2 device inserted, though I don't know which ones are supported by this app. Probably the 3in1 expansion pack at least.

zauberer
July 20th, 2007, 01:17
I might think it's like Rudolf 3in1 Utility; it is for putting the game (writing) to the EZ Flash V 3in1.

I am going to test it.

Kruber
July 20th, 2007, 01:20
So hold on wait wait lemme get this straight...

It runs the gba rom from slot 1 but loads it and runs it through slot 2? like kinda usinging it as a ram (baaaaaaa#)?

yeahx
July 20th, 2007, 15:58
no, it loads the gba rom onto the 2 in 1 carts internal memory from the slot 1 cart, then plays it from slot 2.

XDelusion
July 20th, 2007, 19:24
When you have an EZ Flash 3 in1, you have to use the Memory card on your Slot 1 device to store GBA titles on, which would all go in a folder called "GBA".

So for example you have an M3 Simply and a Micro SD card with it. What you have to do is run a special program to from your M3 Simply to boot into GBA mode from your EZ Flash 3 in 1. You will then have a menu with the contents of your GBA folder from your M3, and from there will run GBA titles.

Now as for this app, it sounds like it's something to replace that program that lets you boot into GBA mode and see a menu of what is in your GBA directory. Rather it looks like it takes your GBA titles and injects them into a NDS rom file so that when you select the GBA game from your M3 menu, you'll boot straight into the game...

"to make things feel more integrated and unified on your flash card."

In other words, I can have all 3 GBA Castlevanias set up as NDS files, and place them beside my 2 DS Castlevanias and all three of them would launch straight into the game from the M3 menu, assuming I have an EZ Flash 3in1, which I do and shall test speaking of which! :)

And for those who have a spare $20. Get yourself an EZ Flash!

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

EDIT:

Ok, this tool is lame, what it does it write the game into the Flash Carts memory or NOR or what ever, which takes a very long time, as opposed to booting straight into the game like Rudolf's tool does. I suppose it would come in handy if you are only cracking at one GBA title at a time, but I kind of wanted all my Castlevania together, but this method isn't that great for me.

XDelusion
July 21st, 2007, 11:13
Apprently there is an update that does not force you into NOR modeif your game is under 16MB. Which makes this very freaking awsome! ;)

http://www.ds-scene.net/getfile.php?id=d62bd5043750fa653ec23fb33de136cb