PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast 2-IGN

Shadowblind
July 20th, 2007, 04:07
MAJOR NEWS - Dreamcast 2 Won't Use GD-Roms!
It was recently reported that Sega wouldstop producing GD-Roms in February. Used for Dreamcast games and in Naomi arcade systems, the news of the death of the GD-Rom has some fans in panic mode. Chill out. This means one thing:

Sega to use new media for Dreamcast 2!

The only question now is which new form might Sega adopt? The Dreamcast 2, destined to be the greatest gaming console of all time, could choose Blu-ray or HD-DVD or Sega might be introducing a completely new media to the gaming world. The fact that Sega is confident enough to end production of GD-Roms (and thus officially end the life of the original Dreamcast) must mean the Dreamcast 2 is nearing completion.

Might this holiday see the return of Sega to the console market? Duh!

DC fans, this is not a time for sorrow, but one of joy! Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony can close shop now. The Dreamcast 2 is surely on the way!

via IGN

http://blogs.ign.com/Dreamcast2-IGN/BlogPage.aspx?blog=Dreamcast2-IGN

Whoa, what is this?! Why have I never heard anything about this o_0

There is also another article--but im not an IGN insider...someone please confirm this...

So is this real, or just some crap some random member posted?

http://insider.ign.com/videos/teasers/806/806133.html

JKKDARK
July 20th, 2007, 04:13
It's obviously fake, and old

ICE
July 20th, 2007, 04:41
lmao DREAMCAST 2 !?!?!!

Dull Blade
July 20th, 2007, 04:52
I wish, but sadly probably never.

ngin.small
July 20th, 2007, 14:46
I wish, but no its fake that been around for a while. But who knows maybe SEGA might actually make another system again when they see the times right.

JKKDARK
July 20th, 2007, 16:07
Also the other article (which is for IGN Insiders) says the Xbox 360 is like a Dreamcast 2.

Shadowblind
July 20th, 2007, 16:43
Technically people can't make a comparison to a console that doesnt exist...

Well, there goes my hopes...

WHY SEGA?! :(

Elven6
July 20th, 2007, 16:48
All of IGN loves Dreamcast, you can see that in all of their podcasts, Dreamcast is mentioned atleast once. They said in their game scoop podcast that Peter Moore left Microsoft to go to EA to make the Dreamcast 2 since they were all sick of waiting for Sega to do it. Heh I had a good laugh, their pretty funny.

JKKDARK
July 20th, 2007, 17:46
[QUOTE=Shadowblind;478384]Technically people can't make a comparison to a console that doesnt exist.../QUOTE]

No, the point is: Xbox 360 is the Dreamcast successor

Cast128dreams
July 21st, 2007, 00:36
i beleive that Ign is writing these things for Dreamcast's site traffic since they didnt closed it.
We all HOPE and PREY for a new Dreamcast but its hard since Sega had made official anoucments that they wont retourn back to hardware.....But nothing is impossible in this confusing "money world"

Elven6
July 22nd, 2007, 04:35
Xbox 360 is has close as it will get, because Microsoft had ALOT to do with Dreamcast, Windows CE being one of them, which lead the way to many good games. Sega and Microsoft are tight, altough it probably dosen't seem like it since it looks like Sega has a Wii-Mote shoved up their @@@!

Cast128dreams
July 22nd, 2007, 12:18
No...Thats makes no sense.So you are telling me that Sega is Earning money from the Xbox 360 console sellings.Microsoft i beleive doesnt have to do with Sega but only publishing company' games.
Yes maybe 360 has many comons with the Dreamcast but doesnt that means its a Dreamcast 2.Wheres Sega logo?Wheres dreamcast logo?

Elven6
July 22nd, 2007, 15:56
I never said that, your reading something wrong.

I_Highway
July 22nd, 2007, 20:46
Well, if Peter Moore had gone to another company, IGN's comments could have been taken as a hope, but since he has gone to a company that had no interest in DC, and leaded 3do's failure, we can't hope much...

A new sega console would be the only one to win the new generation. At least for me.

Cast128dreams
July 23rd, 2007, 23:13
Elven sorry for the misunderstood.
Yea if Sega could make a new console now woiuld be a SMASH.Sega made two Mistakes.Saturn and Dreamcast.The First was TOO BIG.The second too small(Dreamcast could make it powerfully and programminng ,saturn dont)......so Sega seems to learnt a lot from this console history.

Come on sega we are with you

Christuserloeser
July 24th, 2007, 19:45
Xbox 360 is has close as it will get

GC/Xbox/Wii/360 are great systems but none of them is really replacing a Dreamcast.

abeisgreat
July 24th, 2007, 23:13
Ahhh if a DC 2 would be as easily hackable i'd love it. But the chances of that are slim and the chances of a second DC are slimmer

I also agree with the guy above me. Those are great systems but there not replacing anything.

Elven6
July 31st, 2007, 04:44
Ahhh if a DC 2 would be as easily hackable i'd love it. But the chances of that are slim and the chances of a second DC are slimmer

I also agree with the guy above me. Those are great systems but there not replacing anything.

So we could have a repeat of last time? No thanks!

abeisgreat
July 31st, 2007, 04:48
What?