PDA

View Full Version : 8GB Pro Duo Stick Only See's The First 4GB

pete44904
July 21st, 2007, 17:14
It’s a bit of a strange one I have a Sony PSP 1000 Jap version which is running PSP firmware 3.40 I have just purchased a 8GB Pro Duo stick and when I copy home brew games to the stick it will only see the first 4GB of games when I browse them from the PSP and the other games that make up the other 4GB are not visible but it displays the total size of the stick as being 8GB and if I insert the memory stick into my PC I can view the whole list.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knew why this is, is it because it’s a version 1000 or might I have a dodgy memory stick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mike_jmg
July 21st, 2007, 17:44
First make sure it's not fake
How much space says it's left on the psp?

try using scandisk on your PC to analise the MS, mine is 4GB but sometimes it shows less free space on the PC, i think it is because deleting the isos via psp and not PC, anyway scandisk solves this problem

edit: ah, ok i missunderstood, the games show on the PC and not on the PSP, so psp just reads 4GB of the ms, that's too bad probably it's because of the version 1000 (this sucks man)

Cloudhunter
July 21st, 2007, 17:52
Things using the 1.50 kernel only see 4GB. However, things using a HEN/OE kernel will see the entire 8gb.

Cloudy

pete44904
July 21st, 2007, 18:45
Hi just wanted to let you know i think the card is a fake as i tried to copy 8GB worth of music over on the card and part of it was corrupted - so i guess i will report the guy to paypal and try and get my money back - The model of Card on the case is MSX-M8GST/X - I did a quick google and it came it advising that this is a dodgy one.

thanks

pete44904
July 22nd, 2007, 17:35
Yes it was from ebay - i reported the guy to paypal as the card was dodgy - so i got my money back and still have the card which is o.k for the first 4gb - I think i'll not buy one from ebay again as i might as well spend a bit extra and get a decent one -

Thanks for all your help

Pete:thumbup: