PDA

View Full Version : anyone have successful mamed! burn on mac osx?need some help

unkochan
July 21st, 2007, 17:59
hi everyone im new here. i own a dc and desperately want to play mamed/mamedc on my dreamcast, but as a mac os x 10.2 owner things seem difficult. i went through the instruction on mamed website and actually made the program boot on my dc. i basically took the cdi image, ripped it with cdirip 5.0(mac pack 4.0), burned through toast 7 on multi-track cd xa, and it came up on my tv with the whole select your section(capcom,neogeo, etc) im making swap disc for my roms. the problem is i made a cd for my roms(unzipped) on cd-r and they come up on mamed but when i click on them none of them work. i scan it finds the games and when i click on it it goes black screen and right back to the scan screen. plzzzz need some advice/help. thx very much

Christuserloeser
July 22nd, 2007, 00:25
Mamed is ancient. I recommend MAME4All:

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/MAME4All

unkochan
July 22nd, 2007, 00:45
thx ill try mame4all, but does it have a .cdi image or dj(disc juggler) image for it? im a mac os x user so.. and if not does this thread have a list of roms that work for mamed incase mame4all does not work for me?