PDA

View Full Version : help me identify my psp!

sknomad
July 21st, 2007, 20:14
Ok, let me start off by saying a while ago (couple months) I got interested in the whole homebrew thing and started to do some research. Pretty much all the guides i found were for t-82 (I think) psp systems. Comparing my psp to the information in the guides seemed to indicate that my psp was an unknown variety.. and as I could not find any real information about non-t82 systems, I was discouraged and gave up on the idea.

Lately my interest has resurfaced however - but I'm still unable to locate any information that would help me to identify my unit. Help!!

I bought the system used, without box or packaging or documentation and got a pretty good deal on it, and there are very limited markings on it that might help me to identify it.

Basically from what I can see, the only markings on it that may help are the serial number. Looking inside the UMD panel, (as looking from the underside of the psp) there are no markings on the right side of the system's pcb. There seems to be a number on the left side, however it is obscured by the metal framework inside, so I can not get a clear look at it.

PCB marking seems to be (guessing since I can only see about the lower 1/3rd of the font): ic6001

serial number: pp210027231 - psp1001

If anyone can link guides that may help me to identify this system, and guides to getting homebrew running on this version(?) of hardware - I would be more than grateful.

also, I have purposefully not upgraded the firmware on the system - it is still at 2.71

Thanks in advance.

Cloudhunter
July 21st, 2007, 20:23
It seems like it's not a TA-082. However, even if it was there would be no issue. They can be downgraded just like every other PSP now.

Here is a link that should help you.

Team Reign's PSP Upgrading and Downgrading AIO (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1044)

Enjoy :)

Cloudy

pt9087
July 21st, 2007, 21:48
TA-079 PSP!

One of the first ones! :thumbup:

sknomad
July 21st, 2007, 23:24
ooh.. first generation? :)

does that make any difference at all? anything unique good/bad about them ?

sknomad
July 21st, 2007, 23:54
btw, thanks for the link cloud..

i've updated to 2.8 and trying to load hen d .. but the system keeps shutting down (10-12 times now).. are any psp's just incompatible with downgrading ?

Gene
July 22nd, 2007, 01:05
ooh.. first generation? :)

does that make any difference at all? anything unique good/bad about them ?

They used to be The only ones that could run homebrew 100%. and right now it is less [LIST]
of a hassle if you have a first-gen motherboard. for instance your flash1 is less likely to become corrupt while downgrading.

And about the downgrade; all psps that are version 3.5 or less are 100% downgrade-able.