PDA

View Full Version : Does 3.40 OE recognise 4GB and 8GB cards?

Platt
July 22nd, 2007, 12:34
Hi, just a quick question does 3.40 OE recognise 4GB and 8GB cards?
Also which is the better card Sony Pro Duo or Scandisk?
I found this a bit worrying about the Sony cards. http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-97942,1.html

ainoyabou
July 22nd, 2007, 15:00
I use both the giga pack 1GB Sony card and a Sony Pro Duo 4GB with 3.40 OE-A - no troubles at all, just loads of space ;)

pt9087
July 22nd, 2007, 15:05
I dont see why not!

That all depends on the type of USB ports you have!
I have USB 2, my 2gb can copy 800 mbs in about 1 and a half minutes and my 1gb takes about 2 mins

1gb SONY
2gb Sandisk

Grafight
July 22nd, 2007, 16:18
I have a PSP with 3.40 OE-A installed. It works fine with a 4GB card, but I have problems with the 8GB card.

When using the 8GB card, you can load 8GB worth of content onto the PSP (and in USB mode the PC recognises it as an 8GB drive), but 3.40OE-A only sees the first 4GB worth of stuff you put onto the card.

E.g. you load on 3 games that total just less than 4GB. Switch back the games menu and they all work and load fine. However if you now add a 4th game that takes the total space used to over 4GB and you won't be able to see it from the games menu (but you can see it from the PC in USB file fiew). The first three games still work fine...

This is annoying - does anybody know how to fix it?

Has anybody tried the CFW 3.51 with an 8GB card?

Jon m
July 22nd, 2007, 17:06
I have a PSP with 3.40 OE-A installed. It works fine with a 4GB card, but I have problems with the 8GB card.

When using the 8GB card, you can load 8GB worth of content onto the PSP (and in USB mode the PC recognises it as an 8GB drive), but 3.40OE-A only sees the first 4GB worth of stuff you put onto the card.

E.g. you load on 3 games that total just less than 4GB. Switch back the games menu and they all work and load fine. However if you now add a 4th game that takes the total space used to over 4GB and you won't be able to see it from the games menu (but you can see it from the PC in USB file fiew). The first three games still work fine...

This is annoying - does anybody know how to fix it?

Has anybody tried the CFW 3.51 with an 8GB card?

Mine comes soon, I'll let you know... Cause that would really suck. have you tried other things like music ect on the 2nd half of the stick?

Safari Al
July 22nd, 2007, 18:17
I would think that it would work i have a 4 gb so i wouldn't know.

i use pro duo but my bro has a sandisk and it goes faster.

MattZani
July 22nd, 2007, 21:21
OE was unlocked to 32Gb, although no one has tested this yet. even official Fw reads 8Gb.