PDA

View Full Version : Kudos BUG in Metropolis Street Racer

RockinB
June 19th, 2005, 21:52
Do you remember that the first MSR copies got that bug allowing you to advance the level although not having enough kudos?

People could send it back and get a bug free version.

Unfortunately my MSR got that bug.
I need to get the bug-free version, but how to distinguish them?

After playing NFS Underground on XBox I saw that MSR created a new kind of racing game and want to play it again. Oh it's such a great game...

Darksaviour69
June 20th, 2005, 11:00
there was still a bug in the final version, if you got enough Kudos to pass the level before you got you penaltys (i.e. - kudos) you still passed the level, even thought over all you did not get enought kudos.

RockinB
June 23rd, 2005, 17:39
So there exists no bug free version of MSR?.....

Darksaviour69
June 23rd, 2005, 17:44
yeap, there is just buggy and buggier versions... (replays where left out at the last min because of a bug!) btw if u have an xbox, project gotham is a the unoffical sequal to MSR (same company, and data etc)

SiZiOUS
June 23rd, 2005, 18:04
I completed MSR on 95% (maybe :D) and, i have a question about this :

Somebody here won the Alfa GTV ?! Because i think the time to beat's wrong. I drive "very well" (:D), and my timer is 10 sec more than the time to beat!!!!!! :O
I never win this car.

And i think in the chapter 22 the first hot lap's impossible too (with rain, and it's a average lap!).

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2005, 12:54
Do you to Project Gotham Racing, DarkSaviour? Are the graphics better than on Dreamcast? Much better?

Not that I'd have a xBox but I am curious.

Darksaviour69
June 28th, 2005, 13:04
i have not played it but from what i have seen (videos) and what i have read it really is(was) the sequel to MSR. Sega really lost out there (the deal was that Bizarre Creations made the game, they own the work but sega own the Name, MS made a real steal when they sign up Bizarre Creations). and yeah the graphics are a lot better on the xbox

Phantom
June 28th, 2005, 14:40
Project Gotham Racing is good, but not better than MSR. Project Gotham Racing 2 is clearly the best game out of the three. That's my opinion anyway. ;)

ClumsyCliff
June 28th, 2005, 15:12
I've got Project Gotham for my XBox, it's pretty intense. I've not played MSR yet so I can't compare them... But I see that EBGames is selling MSR, so I'll have to order it up and see how they stack up.

RockinB
July 4th, 2005, 16:43
What I've read is:

PGR - bugs completely removed, better GFX, New York added
PGR2 - much better GFX, a LOT of new cities to race, ...

I'm going to buy both someday.

SiZiOUS
July 4th, 2005, 18:03
the deal was that Bizarre Creations made the game, they own the work but sega own the Name, MS made a real steal when they sign up Bizarre Creations
Like Rareware ? :/

Darksaviour69
July 5th, 2005, 10:30
MS bought most of Rare shares, i think they just did a publishing deal with Bizarre Creations

RockinB
July 17th, 2005, 19:17
So I bought Project Gotham Racing 2 for XBox.

Bad things first:
Intro video & music and menu creation is better and cooler in MSR(Dreamcast). MSR got not so many cities, but I'm disappointed because in PGR2 there are only few tracks per city, only 100 total. In MSR you got 3 cities * 3 city districts * 3 track lengths * 10 tracks = 270 tracks. And compared to NFS Underground, which is in a lot of aspects based on MSR, I really miss the grid girls ;) .

Good impressions:
GFX is really fine. Much smoother than NFS Underground. The 2nd analog stick is used for car radio adjustment AND smooth view change looking front or back. That's cool, you can view the driver + car crashing!
Like in MSR you can set the difficulty for each of the races, but it's better made with the medal methods in PGR2. And you don't loose the kudos when you try again. No track of PGR1 or MSR is included, so there definitely is a reason to buy one of those, too.