PDA

View Full Version : NDS: MegaMan ZX - Magic Fish mix (US text & Jap audio)

Hypershell
July 22nd, 2007, 23:19
As many blue bomber fans know, in the localization of MegaMan ZX a great deal of japanese voicework was deleted, with no english replacement. This is a download that I whipped up for anyone who wants english dialogue with the original japanese voicework, which for any who are not aware means spoken dialogue for all story-relevant text. Boss conversations, Mission descriptions, you name it. Included in the download is all necessary files, tools, and instructions. The only other thing you need is a Rockman ZX (J) rom, which of course I will UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES supply, so don't bother asking me.

DOWNLOAD HERE (http://mysite.verizon.net/serpentara/MegaMan%20ZX%20-%20Magic%20Fish%20mix.zip)

I'm no hacker, this is just basic file-switching. I know it's ludicrously simple by DS homebrew standards, but a lot of people who want to see this know even less about ndstool than I do (that and it's tedious, doing it from scratch you'd have to rename 106 files), so this just saves them the hassle of having to find someone to tutor them through it.

There are a few bits of japanese that I couldn't get rid of, namely the demo logo, title screen options, text box name labels, and a few sub-menu icons. But all written dialogue and menu descriptors are in english, and the english version's video subtitles are there too, so enjoy!

tested and works with M3 DS Simply, R4, and iDeaS.

EDITS: An issue has been identified, speaking to a non-story-relevant NPC causes the game to crash. I'll see if there's anything that can be done, but can't make any promises.