PDA

View Full Version : My Psp Is Screwed !!! And Im Not Happy !!!

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 02:32
ok so i updated mine and my brothers psps to this new M33 firmware, and everything is GREAT !! other then, well alot, i went to put some stuff on my psp, and i plugged in the USB cable and went to USB mode, and the waves in the background FREEZE, and it says please wait on the screen, then it never goes to USB mode, but i can go back to the menus, and on my brothers PSP when you go to the browser, i get the BLUE screen of death, and i have to take the battery out, OH, and this happens on my brothers PSP to, the usb thing. I would just go back to 3.40oe, BUT i cant put any files on my psp, SO atm i am F**KED, and am not happy at all, this week is ending HORRIBLY !! and nothing happens through the recovery menu either. F**KING PSP

im bidding on a white PSP on ebay right now, so that might be my only hope.
any help would be appreciated.

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 02:33
does usb work through recovery?

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 02:36
Nope, i put that in the post, after all my bitching about wy week, so you probably skipped it, i would have lol

Chameleon
July 23rd, 2007, 03:05
restore default settings first.. next if that doesnt work take your memory stick out, and put it in one of the computer's usb ports, and downgrad to 1.5 like that.

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 03:06
put my memory stick into the USB ? and that didnt do anything for my USB problem. but when i restored defult settings, the internet worked. so thanks for that lol

well its working through recovery, so i guess ill just put the 3.40 oe flasher in there

PLZKLLME0080
July 23rd, 2007, 03:06
if your computer has it, you can stick the mem stick into a small drive, or use a "memory stick duo adapter" and put it in.

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 03:45
ya its all good now, i reflashed 1.5 and am updating to 3.40 oea, stupid m33 firmware. I hope i win the white psp on ebay, it looks sweet.

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 03:59
m33 screwed up my psp and i fixed it by going into flash1 and deleting config.se

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 04:18
man:
you probably had a custom battery icon which made the psp freeze when connecting to the usb through the xmb. so dont blame the M33 custom firmware. you should stay on that firmware..
as for your bro just restore default settings on his psp. if that doesnt work, go into recovery and toggle flash 1 and delete config.se

theice_man:
m33 isnt screwing with your firmware. you probably didnt restore default settings before updating. and your problem wasnt really a big deal all you needed to do is delete the config.se which you already did so yea..

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 04:20
lol i never had to restore my settings before updating for oe!! m33 suxors!!! jk

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 04:31
i never had a problem with any firmware i was on besides sony firmwares. lol

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 04:36
lol yeah this m33 thing was the first problem ive ever had.

LilSwish722
July 23rd, 2007, 04:49
im running M33-7 perfectly fine. I just had to replace config.se one time. and FF8 works perfectly now on this CFW too.

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 04:57
man:
you probably had a custom battery icon which made the psp freeze when connecting to the usb through the xmb. so dont blame the M33 custom firmware. you should stay on that firmware..
as for your bro just restore default settings on his psp. if that doesnt work, go into recovery and toggle flash 1 and delete config.se

well firstly, it happened on both my PSP and my brothers, and it isnt the problem, because by brother hasnt touched his PSP till i upgraded and put ff7 on it, so theres no problem there, and mine has never had custom battery icons that i know of, and shouldnt this all great all knowing m33 delete them if they know their a problem, seeing as they are so super great :rolleyes: AND shouldnt the battery icon be replaced when you install a new custom firmware anyways ?

ish420ism
July 23rd, 2007, 05:01
ya its all good now, i reflashed 1.5 and am updating to 3.40 oea, stupid m33 firmware. I hope i win the white psp on ebay, it looks sweet.

Glad your up and running again and good Luck on your bid.

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 05:02
AND shouldnt the battery icon be replaced when you install a new custom firmware anyways ?

haha hes gotcha there lmao

Destroyer699
July 23rd, 2007, 05:04
I'll agree that M33 does have some problems.
I just don't really trust people trying to replicate DAX's legacy right after he leaves.

I think I'll stick with OE for a little longer.

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 05:19
well i got my m33 running perfect now. its more prone to bugs but the bugs are fixed pretty easily in my experience.

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 05:24
well i got my m33 running perfect now. its more prone to bugs but the bugs are fixed pretty easily in my experience.

like i said before. i love it :p and bugs were introduced by sony not by the M33 team.. if dark alex released 3.51 OE it would have the same bugs. wifi not working in homebrew was because a few prx's were changed around. battery icon issue was because we need to use decrypted 3.51 battery icons to customize them so that usb mode would not freeze.

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 05:28
yup. hey does anyone here have the original bmp 01-12? i killed mine lol. if you do pm it to me or something please :D

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 05:35
heres is one thats better than the original
it has the same colors but you will notice that they are slightly modified. hope you like them

ICE
July 23rd, 2007, 05:40
their alright. i wish i had the one that i made lol.
it was nice but i lost it somehow and i never released it so its gone lol.

mike_jmg
July 23rd, 2007, 06:16
theICE_MAN
Backup first man
Nice you're up and running

As for the thread, it's weird if he didn't flashed any theme, but that happened to me when I used the custom battery icon system_plugin_fg.rco

Bad update files maybe ???...

kjetil1991
August 4th, 2007, 00:40
never heard of bricking when install m33 its very safe=) i think xg917 is right custom stuff is a danger to use

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 00:55
i guess i missed too much :'(