PDA

View Full Version : Mini Vmac DS keeps corrupting my boot disk...

chemical
July 23rd, 2007, 03:47
Hey,

I remember in the past I didn't know much about Mini Vmac or how it worked, but managed to get 6.0.8 to work eventually, I had no idea about adding apps and what not and it kept not working after 1 reboot, so I deleted.

Now some time later I have more interest and a little more knowledge of Mini Vmac, i've had great fun putting together my 7.5.5 boot image, installing and apps and everything on Mini Vmac PC, its great fun and works perfectly on my DS.... once, then when I try next time it has the "?" floppy disk logo, the Mini Vmac DS is corrupting my disk images this time aswell!, I can't believe this problem happened all these months later, any help would be appreciated, here's the details:

-I'm on M3 Lite

-I used the latest Version 2 of Mini Vmac

-I've tried it patched with dldi, not patched and patched through M3's Game Manager

-I've tried it in a folder and on the root

-I've used a large 200mb disk image and a small 20mb one, both have this problem

-Files always named disk0.dsk

-I've tried .img files but the didn't work

-I always shut the Mac down properly from the menu bar

-I've tried reboot on the Mac menu and physically turning my DS off and on, both have this problem

-After corrupting my disk image i've tried to open the disk image again in the PC Mini Vmac, but this no longer opens it either, its definitely corrupted

-Everytime I reput my original PC Mini Vmac disk0.dsk on my DS it works for the one time, then not again and does something to it making it unusuable on DS or PC

That's all my attempts to get it to work :(

Thanks for any help.

chemical
July 24th, 2007, 02:50
I figured out so I'll reply incase others had this prob, I changed 3 things at one, I'll list them in order of likelyhood that that was the fix:

1. I deleted the M3's .dat save file, meaning the m3 says it failed to save minivmac.nds, but ofcourse because the program edits the .dsk file, it doesnt matter, I think this is what fixed it.

2. I downloaded a pack from a homebrew site that had different .zip names and everything the Lazyones site, i'm not sure if it has been modded for the M3.

3. I didn't rename the .nds like I usually do.

Seems to work perfect now, I think it was the .dat that ****ed it up.

ogge 23
March 11th, 2009, 09:52
i canīt start itīs saying faild to mount disk.rom kanīt ani body help my plese.

crookedmouth
March 12th, 2009, 12:05
i canīt start itīs saying faild to mount disk.rom kanīt ani body help my plese.

You have the vMac.rom in the vmac folder?

If not google it and grab it.

The error sounds funny, are you sure your not mistaking pomDS(appleII emulator) for this emulator. Disk.rom is used in pomds but the newest version has it included.