PDA

View Full Version : Difference between M3 DS and M3 Simply?

DjDelMar
July 23rd, 2007, 11:25
I want to buy one of these 'flash carts' today and i was wondering if I should get the M3 DS as they are quite cheap, or should I pay more and get an R4 or M3 simply???

Thanks,
Dan.

DanTheManMS
July 23rd, 2007, 23:50
The R4 and M3 Simply are the same thing, so if you can save money by going with one over the other, you can do so. I've heard about cheap prices but slow shipping from DealExtreme, while RealHotStuff is a bit more expensive but faster to ship.

Kazayami
September 8th, 2007, 19:06
The R4 and M3 Simply are the same thing, so if you can save money by going with one over the other, you can do so. I've heard about cheap prices but slow shipping from DealExtreme, while RealHotStuff is a bit more expensive but faster to ship.

I think you have misunderstood. It depends what you want to do. M3 DS (perfect?) goes in the GBA slot, and M3 Simply or R4 revolution go in the DS slot. M3 Perfect has .gba support but M3 simply has slightly better backup support and takes micro SD.

Essentially, if by M3 DS you mean M3 Perfect, it's a GBA cart. There is no difference between M3 Simply and R4

cal360
September 8th, 2007, 19:30
With the M3 Ds you will have to also have a passcard which will add extra cost onto the price.

DanTheManMS
September 9th, 2007, 05:53
When he said "M3 DS" I thought he meant the "M3 DS Simply" which is the one identical to the R4. As far as I'm aware, the slot-2 M3 products are followed by the type of media they support, like CF or SD or miniSD or Lite (microSD), as well as either "Perfect" or "Pro" depending on the amount of GBA compatibility they have.