PDA

View Full Version : Techdemo: Secret Of Mana: Radial Menu

wraggster
July 23rd, 2007, 13:20
News/release from Exdream: (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=9&post_id=20262#forumpost20262)

Hi!

After I worked for the university on a radial layout for a graph, I had the idea to convert the radial menu from one of my favorite games Secret Of Mana to the Nintendo DS.

In this early version there is only on layer and you can select some icons with the stylus. You can also choose different numbers of icons and change the radius.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

skipboris
July 23rd, 2007, 15:57
So, what does this do?

jinqui242
July 23rd, 2007, 18:24
It's the main character from Secret of Mana and you can tap him with your stylus to open the radial menu. It's like playing SOM with the stylus. For people who make homebrew action or RPG NDS games, this could be neat.

Actually makes me want to play the game on SNESTYL on my PSP. ;)

DimensionT
July 23rd, 2007, 18:41
It's the main character from Secret of Mana and you can tap him with your stylus to open the radial menu. It's like playing SOM with the stylus. For people who make homebrew action or RPG NDS games, this could be neat.

Actually makes me want to play the game on SNESTYL on my PSP. ;)

It runs better on SnemulDS :p.

Remember, I said "runs" better... Not "looks" better.

On topic: I've always liked the radial menu in SoM, so this is more then welcome by me! I just hope to see it used in an actual game.