PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy full PSP case replacement?

ZeakStarwind
July 23rd, 2007, 17:12
Just like the title says it all. I am very interested in buying a new full psp back face and front face replacement. The kind I'm looking for is a transparent case to show the insides on both front and back of the system. Does anyone know a good place to buy it at at a reasonable price? I'll be back later to check your messages as I have work and college today.

Thanks in advance.

Man
July 23rd, 2007, 19:29
Im not sure iv seen full replacement cases on ebay, but im not sure what the best ones are. I kinda want to buy one as well so ill be watching this.

Nicko01
July 24th, 2007, 00:08
i have seen them on ebay too. You guys do know that you need to completely open the psp to install one of these? It takes a while to do. You need to remove the front faceplate, then the HOME buttons, then the LCD, then the metal part that holds the LCD in place, then the main buttons, then the motherboard, and do that in the reverse order to put it back into the other one. It took me over a half hour to get the thing completely dissassembled and about the same time to get it reassembled. (dissassembly is easier than reassembly.)
Also, you need to remove the buttons and the analog from the front faceplate. I'd say it would take a little bit over an hour of working on this to do that if it is your first time.

ICE
July 24th, 2007, 00:09
yeah if you dont know what your doing i wouldnt recommend it.

eboy
July 24th, 2007, 00:22
i have seen them on ebay too. You guys do know that you need to completely open the psp to install one of these? It takes a while to do. You need to remove the front faceplate, then the HOME buttons, then the LCD, then the metal part that holds the LCD in place, then the main buttons, then the motherboard, and do that in the reverse order to put it back into the other one. It took me over a half hour to get the thing completely dissassembled and about the same time to get it reassembled. (dissassembly is easier than reassembly.)
Also, you need to remove the buttons and the analog from the front faceplate. I'd say it would take a little bit over an hour of working on this to do that if it is your first time.

wow I was thinking about getting one myself, that sounds like alot of hard work.

ZeakStarwind
July 24th, 2007, 05:29

But I happen to be a professional at this... I deal with this stuff at ITT Technical Institute as my major is Computer Electronics and Engineering. It's simple process. Visual Document every aspect part and make a drawing design for each assigned individual parts while disassembling the item to each being signed with a number or short name. Anyways, thanks for pointing out where I should buy. Checked eBay and I only see one for a reasonable price. Thanks for all your help guys.

mike_jmg
August 20th, 2007, 15:29
www.acidmods.com
www.coolmods.com