PDA

View Full Version : a few small confusions

venividivici
July 24th, 2007, 04:39
when harry "died" and went to kings crossing.... what was the baby/creature that was there with them???? maybe i missed it and they said it somewhere but please explain that one to me!!

also... Snape gave harry something in the shrieking shack didn't he???? what was it and was it used or did i once again miss something??!?!

any help and answers would be highly appreciated thank you!

TheWalrus90
July 24th, 2007, 04:54
It was Voldemortīs soul, or what was left of it. Thatīs why voldemort has to wake up as Harry in the forest, and thatīs why Dumbledore tells Harry: he is more afraid to return here than you are. Also Harry at the end says that Voldemort should try for some remorse, for Harry saw what he would be otherwise, just what was left of his soul after the Horcruxes.

Lily Evans
July 24th, 2007, 08:00
yes.... are you talking abou the stuff that leaked from snapes mouth and ears?
that stuff was his memories, which harry delves into in the next chapter in the penseive.

Vendelay
July 24th, 2007, 09:14
It was Voldemortīs soul, or what was left of it. Thatīs why voldemort has to wake up as Harry in the forest, and thatīs why Dumbledore tells Harry: he is more afraid to return here than you are. Also Harry at the end says that Voldemort should try for some remorse, for Harry saw what he would be otherwise, just what was left of his soul after the Horcruxes.
Oh, yeah.... now I understand. I didn't get why Harry spoke about remorse when I read the book. But if Voldemort had really felt remorse, he would have undone the horrocrux separation of his soul, wouldn't he? It would probably kill him, but his soul would be ok after death?
Now, he can't even come to peace in the next life...

venividivici
July 24th, 2007, 21:55
oh i understand now! thank you all for helping me out with that i must have just missed it in the book thank you again!