PDA

View Full Version : Bg changer for psp

shadowprophet
June 20th, 2005, 08:16
Ive looked all over the net for some nice bmps.

I keep comeing up with jpegs.
The deal is i dont have the time to convert them and resize them mysely.
So what im asking is if anyone has some really nice ones (all ready to go) put them up and post a link to them or somthing.
Maybe attach them to your posts.

Im sure i wont be the only one who is really greatfuly to you guys for helping.

Im not picky but my choices would be.

Inuyasha
Trigun
Final fantasy
Basicly anything really killer looking will do fine.
But those are just my picks.
Any contrabutions from a few will help many :p
Oh btw here is a nice link for an online photo editor i found http://www.myimager.com/ I hope it helps people :D
"Shadowprophet"

consoul
June 20th, 2005, 08:59
I keep comeing up with jpegs.
The deal is i dont have the time to convert them and resize them mysely.

Just make your own. It's not hard. Even MS Paint can do the conversion.
There's a reason why you don't find many .bmps online - because they eat up lots of bandwidth unnecessarily. The last thing this forum needs is everyone attaching bitmaps to their posts.

Oh, and your post could have gone in the existing Wallpaper thread.

leggy
June 20th, 2005, 11:26
OP - if all else fails I usually find that Google comes up with the answers :)

Jeisu
June 20th, 2005, 12:46
<i>The deal is i dont have the time to convert them and resize them mysely</i>

You have time to find jpegs, then you have enough time to simply convert them to .bmp

It's really simple, all you do is edit the file, then save as a bitmap. Also, as the 2nd poster mentioned, .bmps are large in file size for just slightly higher quality than a jpeg.

iwilleatyourheart
June 20th, 2005, 16:51
yo heres a killer pic for you google sephiroth and convert the one with him in flames it is widescreen usually i found one near the right deminsions and converted and cropped

voila i think i found a bmp but it was huge

but since u like ff thats a perfect bg

>.> im wasting post room but anyway its deminsions are good

we should make a bg idea section if you know widescreen pics that look freakin sweet just p[ost it and let us google it

never even thought about sephy till yesterday but its sweet

JcBoyCool
June 20th, 2005, 17:18
I have a really cool mr. smith pic (guy from matrix if you didnt know) that is only 58 kb in jpeg format. then i convert it to bmp it then is 804 kb. OUCH. i had to cut allmost all the pic off to make it under 150 kb. But it still looks really good on the psp

J sims
June 20th, 2005, 18:46
For those of you who are interested in a Windows XP background.I have the bitmaps ready to be copied to your psp.

I don't exactly know how to post pictures or files correctly :o

J sims
June 20th, 2005, 18:54
Also here is a final fantasy 7 bitmap.

Cross
June 20th, 2005, 19:19
Just do this, its easy and takes no more then 3 minutes. Right click the picture you want, select open with and choose MS paint (u may have to choose the select other program and choose from that list). When op just click file -> save as -> 24bit BMP. And ur done.

If they are not sized just let me know and I will size them for u if u can not (meaning 300x170.)

SynergyX
June 21st, 2005, 02:11
but really it isnt hard, just try it

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 02:34
I haven't used the BG changer yet...not sure if I'm gonna. I'm waiting to see if anyone does any damage first :eek:

BTW I used http://www.irfanview.com/ to convert my image.

J sims - have you got the original FF VII you resampled from?

shadowprophet
June 21st, 2005, 03:01
:D
Also here is a final fantasy 7 bitmap.

Thank you for the extra nice final fantasy 7 pic J Sims i really like it its my 07 bmp.

And thanx to all that contributed.
I ended up useing the anime pic and the ff pic and the kewl darth pic :D
All you guys rock!!

JcBoyCool
June 21st, 2005, 03:17
Jdemon, that cool vader pic was just so cool i made it my 06 background. And once again with my bad camera phone i took a pic just incase you people think this will do damage to your psp. http://img294.echo.cx/img294/9639/pic142mo.jpg

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 03:46
Well, I know it works...but it writes to your eprom right? That makes me a little nervous. I haven't really "checked it out" yet...

as far as pics...I can do this all day :D how many more months do you need LMAO

tester
June 21st, 2005, 03:51
any1 know what i need to run this on my psp1.50... i been trying to track down what i need to run PSPersonalize Ver. 1.0. i have followed the simple instructions but im guessing im missing a emulator or something, when i go to the games section for the memory stick it displays "courruped datta"... please help me... :confused:

J sims
June 21st, 2005, 04:39
Here is the FF7 picture I sampled. I can't exactly tell you were I got it from. I just did a google search on "Final Fantasy VII" under images and found it.

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 04:55
Sweet J sims!!!! :D :D :D No doubt this will find it's way on to one of my PSP files somewhere..

Question about the BG Changer... Is this (300x1702@149kb) the maximum resolution? I see that the original ones are way smaller than this ([email protected]) It sure would be sweet to go 480x272 like with PIC1.PNG's :D

shadowprophet
June 21st, 2005, 05:07
:D Lol Well i really had all the months i needed, untill jdemon showed some of his work.
Those are nice, im gonna use some of them.
To clarify just so people know, i do know how to use ms paint and photo editors, intimately- the reason i didnt want to is a long story.
Photo editing is a chore for me since collage, when i had to compile a jpeg to bmp conversion tool :(.
Oh God the horible flashbacks of those terible times:( I was just learning then.
Ever since then tho, i havnt felt the same tword anythhing that had to do with photo alteration, even in the simplest ways:o
So yeah i admit, I only asked for help because I didnt want to do it myself,I hope you guys can understand:cool: And thankx again for all the kewl pics!!
Some of them are the complete shizzle :D

shadowprophet
June 21st, 2005, 05:49
Here are some of the pics i used.
you might recognize some of them, and some of the others i made myself.
I ran out of space or I would have uploaded the other two.
But heres some nice ones for all to enjoy, and ready to go to boot:p

fantoboy
June 21st, 2005, 16:03
here's one I made

fantoboy
June 21st, 2005, 16:26
I'm gonna make a full set of capcom/snk

where's the completed wallpaper thread?

shizzle
June 21st, 2005, 16:45
jdemon are you making these your self or just resizing other peopls images??? They are some nice graphics.

fantoboy
June 21st, 2005, 17:20
merry xmas

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 17:44
No they aren't mine just re-hashed pics from the web...mostly Wallpapers.
I'm one of thoes people who collects alot of data :D

Just got the top 2 from http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/ if you want the full sized ones you have to sign up though...some amazing stuff there.

The real Napolean
June 21st, 2005, 17:48
http://photobucket.com/albums/b75/Crozz_N/
Not mine but someone elses from this fourm
http://www.ps2nfo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14436#post14436

Cap'n 1time
June 21st, 2005, 17:50
i say we have a contest. winner gets a cyber cookie!

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 17:54
:D Sweeeeet!!!!!1

fantoboy
June 21st, 2005, 23:26
silly wallpapers

fantoboy
June 21st, 2005, 23:30
Horror wallpapers courtesy of http://www.kreationx.com/

fantoboy
June 21st, 2005, 23:32
here's the rest

shadowprophet
June 22nd, 2005, 03:21
Wow Guys Ive never seen so many awsome backgrounds!!!
Im very impressed!!

Lol looks like i will be changeing my bgs again :p

You guys rock :D

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2005, 03:29
i really reallly REALLY! want 12 backgrounds of some of the more famous classic street fighter characters. whoever does that not only gets a cyber cookie, they get a cyber kiss.

fantoboy
June 22nd, 2005, 04:22
Ryu, Sagat, Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Chun and Mai, Vega/Balrog..guy with claw!

fantoboy
June 22nd, 2005, 04:55
Gill. Bison/Vega..that boss guy who loses weight and inhabits the bodies of women, Guile, Rose, TIGER!

Where's my kiss?

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2005, 05:07
some of thoes are good, but i really dislike snk's spin on street fighter, stick with the more cartoony capcom stuff.

shadowprophet
June 22nd, 2005, 05:11
Im so proud of this thread,its my most sucessful thread ever *weeps

fantoboy
June 22nd, 2005, 05:23
Most of that artwork is from the new Street Fighter comics actually. Although yeah, some of that is from Falcoon who does SNK artwork.

I wasn't sure which one of the ryu vs kyo i liked better- so dropped them both here.

Jdemon
June 26th, 2005, 19:23
Well, I've finally given in. I used PSP Personalize for the first time today :D

And of course I spent a bit of time playing around with bmps :D
I've found that making/using images which are darker and wilth less contrast tend to interfear less with the reading of the menu screen. It also seems that smaller images don't have that "white screen" problem, but I need to play around with that some more tonight. Images the size of the original BGs 60x34 (6.02kb) definitely don't have any problem at all whereas the 300x170 (149kb) ones go white the first time...everytime. Anyway here are some custom packs I made using the original colors.

ganon
June 26th, 2005, 19:54
there are some great pics here
might use a picture for a homebrew pic

Jdemon
June 29th, 2005, 01:27
Here's some more Pt1 :D

Jdemon
June 29th, 2005, 01:29
Here's some more Pt2 :D