PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to include sound and a background with a file image....

KidNiki
June 20th, 2005, 17:17
Ok with the release of PSPersonalize I have becme intereted in how they had an additional image with the program icon for the launcher. Ivery much want to do the same with my different emu's but am not sure if that needs something in the data.psp file or if it has to do with the something in the eboot file. Does anyone know of a resource for this?

ThanX!

iwilleatyourheart
June 20th, 2005, 17:43
i know that its in the pbp file and you MIGHT if you know what you are doing ... be able to change it

i saw a program that lets you take an image (theres ur icon) and 2-6 other files to make one pbp file .. i believe its not on the dcemu's psp site tho

google pbp compiler u should find it

if you know good dev just extract each piece of your emu and then replace the image

then compile it back

it should boot if you did it right dont hold me to it tho you might get a corrupted data or even damage to ur system

sound i dunno sry

hope i helped

F34R
June 21st, 2005, 02:26
quick guide to custom icons + sound...

First make sure you have made your icon 144 x 80

start pbpunpacker..

Click File/ New SFO

In the box that opens up...
right click in the white space and click ADD

The options in this are: you'll add 4 things to this.. your chart will look like this:

Key Data Padding Type
-----------------------------------------------------
Bootable 1 0 4
Category MG 1 2
Region 32768 0 4
Title *name 108 2

*name = whatever name you want to show up next to the icon... i.e. Snes, Mame, Dgen, etc.

After your grid looks like that.. click File / Save
Name that file PARAM.SFO

Exit that portion of the program ( back to the start of PBPUNPACKER )
Click on the NEW icon

A new set of options appear for you now... I'll list them, and what you'll need for your new icon etc..

File Type/Version
PBP 1 ( leave this alone )

PARAM.SFO ( click on the little box with the ... on it ) point to the PARAM.SFO file we just saved.

ICON0.PNG = point to the 144 x 80 icon you made earlier.
SND0.AT3 = point this to your music file that you made in AT3 format. ( dont make this much bigger than 415kb )

Click on the SAVE icon.. and save it to you PC ( to transfer later ) or you can just save it straight to your /PSP/GAME/name of your emu

*this above eboot will be saved to MS1 ( memory stick 1 )

For you second mem stick eboot file....

use PBPUNPACKER to open your emulators eboot file...
right click on the DATA.PSP file.. and choose EXTRACT
change the same from DATA.PSP to EBOOT.PBP and save it to your second memory stick /PSP/GAME/same dir as the first eboot file

There ya go... stick in your 1st mem stick and go to your newly created icon, with sound...

Hope this helps...

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 03:07
Very nice F34R :D

pbp unpacker - www.pdc.me.uk/pbp
MSwap - pspdev.siirlabs.com / you don't need the program but the tutorial for pbp might help a bit if you've never used it.

...now for me to figure out how I can make AT3 conversions...that's ATRAC3 right? The format for MiniDisc players?

consoul
June 21st, 2005, 03:15
Cheers F34R.

F34R
June 21st, 2005, 03:17
yes.. ATRAC3.

I have a video of the above process, and its uploading to yousendit now. Its gonna take a little while.. its 5.24mb (zipped) and I am on dialup hehe...

its nothing fancy, but it does show the process I described in the previous post.

Update:
Here is the video link. Like I said, nothing fancy...
http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1EQ5NEWRWL3HP1P23A1GUER9F1

scareg
June 27th, 2006, 23:32
F34R I can't get that video download could you just tell me how to convert my Mp3 into a AT3 music file Please?

wowzors
June 27th, 2006, 23:47
This thread is over 1 year old please do not bump it.