PDA

View Full Version : DS Weather Report

wraggster
July 31st, 2007, 14:55
Stravingo (http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,853.) has released a weather station app for the DS, heres the translation.

Hello with all,

after having made two plays on DS (Ka-Boom and Setsuzoku No Puzzle), I launched out for my third realization in the development of a utility. Here thus DS Weather Report, which I subjects in the applications category of the compo Dev-Fr. How its name indicates it to anglophone among you, this application enables you to have a station weather in the pocket! You will be able to see the situation current weather on a chart (for the moment limited to Western Europe) which you can make ravel and zoomer. Information weather is downloaded by Wifi near the waiter of The Weather Channel. To make function the application, it is thus necessary to be for Access Point.

You can reach a detailed weather report like with a forecast over 5 days for more than 40000 cities in the world in three manners:

Maybe while clicking on the position of this city on the chart if it is a European city.
Maybe by selecting the city in a list classified by country (2280 European cities).
Maybe while entering directemment its code weather (more than 40000 cities in the world).
This bulletin is posted on the screen top, the duration of remote loading is 1 to 3 seconds.

To obtain weather information of ALL the cities appearing on the chart, press on X. The remote loading lasts between 30 seconds and 1 min. You will then see the temperatures and the pictograms on the chart for all the cities.

The topic "Evolution" of the compo was not expected that for the plays, but my application also answers it since it makes it possible to know the evolution of the weather in real time like its evolution over 5 days
By the way, all the prog is in English (shame one me) but a translation in French is laid down.
Another thing: the program WILL NOT FUNCTION on an emulator because of the requirements in Wifi, to only thus test on hardware.
Controls:

A: Fact of cycling the types of information posted on the chart (names of villes/icônes/températures). The first time that one supports on A, information weather are downloaded if they did not have it déja be by a support on X.
B: Allows to select a city, either in a list of cities classified by country, or while entering its code.
X : Reactualize the temperatures by downloading information of all the cities whose names appear on the chart.
Y : Help and appropriations.
Select : Selectionne the current city as being the favorite city. This information is stored on the linker.
Start : Fact of appearing on the screen top the weather of the favorite city.
L/R : Zoom out/zoom in.
Cross : Displacement of the chart.
Stylet : Selectionne a city on the chart, selectionne a city in the list, etc.

Installation:

1) Take the format of ROMANIAN corresponding to your linker (either DSWeatherReport.nds, or DSWeatherReport.sc.nds)
2) Patchez the ROMANIAN with DLDI.
3) Copy the ROMANIAN from your linker, as well as the file "cities.dat" to place in the same repertory.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Narutonoor
August 3rd, 2007, 23:03
I patched it with dldi but it still doesn't work ( ._.)

lightningeagle
August 4th, 2007, 23:46
You're not alone...
I did the same and no result here either. From the original thread (http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,853) I think i somehow got the information that the the current version is 0.2.
I guess that could somehow explain the lack of compatibility it could possibly have in an early stage.

I really hope this application will be working at all devices pretty soon. From the screenshot it looks awesome. :)

acn010
August 4th, 2007, 23:50
it looks like a nice app for the ds... why not on the psp???