PDA

View Full Version : DSFile 0.5.2

wraggster
July 31st, 2007, 18:22
News/release from Calcprogrammer1 (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13779&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

DSFile v0.5 is out! It now supports copying files and deleting files, as well as browsing. The controls for copy, paste, and delete are located on the menu bar of the bottom screen. When deleting it will ask press A to delete, B to cancel.

Version .0000000000....0001:
Stuff. It showed a list of files, and sometimes moved up and down

Version .1
Thanks to simonjhall, Copying works!

Version .5:
Interface updated, Copy buttons implemented, and delete implemented.

Version .5 part 2:
Copying shows a status display, removed init code that crashed when slot-2 is not inserted, Y is a sort of refresh, but it doesn't work well (for inserting a slot-2 card after program is running).

When I'm all done, I'll release the source, but I'm keeping it closed source until it's finished.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

crookedmouth
August 1st, 2007, 04:53
This will be very helpful , what a great idea.

RamZee
October 13th, 2007, 11:30
Works nicely with an M3 Simply / M3 Lite combo tested copying single .mp3s either way.

A very exciting development.

Unfortunatly the newer versions

DSFile2.nds 18/8/07, 316,480 bytes couldn't see the M3 Lite

and

DSFile2.nds from files.filefront.com (358,976 bytes) left 0 length files and a corrupted FAT32 file system on the M3 Simply

so it took a while to find this compatable version.

European DS Lite, Flashme v8a, M3 Simply (1.07), M3 Lite (e35), 2x Kingston 2GB MicroSDs (FAT32)

dtb
May 27th, 2008, 18:42
Thank you very much for this tool!!! :thumbup:

After searching hours and hours for a homebrew allowing me to manage my gamesave files (DSorganize was crashing when trying to copy) I finally found this one, working very well... so in a kind of way, we can say this file browser/copy is more robust than the DSorganize one :D

My hardware is a M3 SD.