PDA

View Full Version : NesDS Updated - Nes Emulator for Nintendo DS

skipboris
August 1st, 2007, 00:38
Loopy (http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/nesDS/) has updated his excellent NES emulator to improve touch screen support.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

WeyounNine
August 1st, 2007, 22:10
Wonderful! This is an excellent NES emulator. Thanx Loopy!

Hyrule_boy
August 1st, 2007, 23:27
Awesome update! the touchscreen functions finally work on my DS with this emulator.

DanTheManMS
August 6th, 2007, 22:09
For me, it's become even harder to hit the tabs at the top, but the other areas at the bottom of the screen are much improved.

TheGrandPubaa
August 7th, 2007, 10:13
I really wish the touch screen interface was different. It's way too easy to hit load state when trying to select save state, and vice versa. Perhaps a set of four large icons, thus eliminating the need for a stylus to save?

Sigma83
October 2nd, 2007, 01:27
the load state save state thing is a bit dangerous...I've had to play a few mario bros 3 worlds over cause of that...but overall this is an incredible emulator. Many thanks for all the hard work, works so well.

djjasonroy
November 17th, 2007, 09:46
i cant wait to show my son the games i use to play

Sigma83
November 17th, 2007, 11:29
Definitely :). I finished mario 3 with this...the Left trigger rewinds in realtime! absolutely awesome. Enjoy!

wiggy fuzz
November 17th, 2007, 18:26
cheat :mad:

my little brother shocked me by completing super mario bros without dying, then i realised he cheated with the rewind :)

spinal_cord
November 17th, 2007, 20:25
Does anyone know if bill and teds excellent adventure works on this?

tsimehC
November 18th, 2007, 03:59
It wouldn't hurt to try would it? :)

JDMEVOIXMR
November 23rd, 2007, 00:28
How do I save my game? Like Super Mario Bros. 3?

henchturk
November 23rd, 2007, 00:34
Great Emu, but the touch screen is Teeeeerrrrrrriblleee :(
Really bad, lost my progress quite a few times because of it...

Sigma83
November 23rd, 2007, 05:37
Yeah I almost did too....I would reclick save over and over during mario 3until I hear the music skip

then I immediately move mario to a new level, click load and see where it reloads. I did that after each level. That way, worst case scenario is I lose one level.

Overall though, a killer emulator.

JDMEVOIXMR
November 23rd, 2007, 05:56
How the heck do you save?!? Just by reclicking save over and over? ANd which sav edo I click?

tsimehC
November 24th, 2007, 01:43
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 doesn't show the sprites if that's of any help and Punchout doesn't have working background graphics.

Is there a compatibility list for this emulator somewhere?

DanTheManMS
November 25th, 2007, 19:05
Someone with several homebrew devices stated once that for some reason, the touchscreen code was much more accurate on some devices than others.

Regardless, to save like an NES game would, save in-game and then choose the Save SRAM button. To use savestates, simply hit the buttons to save or load the savestate.

Pikachu247
December 17th, 2007, 03:33
I am N-E-W to emulators and I'm going to own a MAX media player for my DS on Christmas Day, but think it can use Emulators, so i cant wait to use this emulator to play DR.Mario on my DS!

crookedmouth
December 18th, 2007, 04:00
Might want to read up on what your actually getting. Is it the Max Media Dock or the 4GIG HDD? The Datel products are problematic but read up on DLDI patching.Most emulators should work fine. If you are getting the 4G HDD, you will need a specific DLDI patch.

No offense, but why are you getting a MMP?

Flygon
December 18th, 2007, 06:01
A minor bug to report.

You cannot create save games in Earthbound Zero and probably Mother 1, this happened on the demiforce hack and the original. It just hangs. The emulator can boot save games created by FCE Ultra no problem though and saves properly, I think it just does not like booting the naming screen.

mr game porter
February 24th, 2008, 13:11
great!

Zephyre_Syx
May 31st, 2008, 02:29
Note: I found some bugs regarding audible sounds such as voice. It would either not play or crash the game.

Ex. Joshua, and Gauntlet 2

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2008, 07:09
The PHWiki article on NES DS explains why:

Caveats

* No DPCM sound (SMB3 drums, Kung Fu laughing, etc), unlike PocketNES.
* No raw PCM sound (speech in Joshua, SCAT, Big Bird's Hide and Speak), like PocketNES.

Necromanceradr
November 26th, 2008, 20:57
Hey, thanks for the emulator, I going to use properly.:thumbup:

Flygon
November 26th, 2008, 21:22
The lack of DPCM ruins Summer Carnival '92 - Recca for me ;_;

It also lags alot but I cannot complain about that :P

krazhy
December 12th, 2008, 16:21
Man this is the best thnx

mattsaysfooey
December 12th, 2008, 17:46
Does anyone know if bill and teds excellent adventure works on this?

Not for me doesn't load.

Joe Blo
June 20th, 2009, 00:36
I just think that this is awsome that's for the time you put into this and thanks for the emulator. can show the kids the older games and hand held to boot.:D :thumbup:

himilaya
June 21st, 2009, 08:35
How do you make it work? I made a sub folder and named it "NES" and placed my NES roms inside, but it won't show up. I am also using an R4, does it matter? Help?! =S

crookedmouth
June 21st, 2009, 13:37
How do you make it work? I made a sub folder and named it "NES" and placed my NES roms inside, but it won't show up. I am also using an R4, does it matter? Help?! =S

Did you DLDI patch the .NDS file?

If you don't, use DLDIrc
http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html

himilaya
June 21st, 2009, 23:54
No, no I haven't. So now I've downloaded the program and patched it by right clicking it and patched it, its a no go. Am I doing something wrong, why must I fail! D:

crookedmouth
June 22nd, 2009, 07:48
Try extracting this folder directly to the root of your card. Start up your DS, open the folder and run NESDS.NDS.

The file contains one Public Domain Demo ROM and the .NDS file. That is all it contains.

justbmist
April 18th, 2010, 05:48
nice