PDA

View Full Version : cheapest place to buy R4DS? (UK)

UltraMagnus
August 1st, 2007, 11:51
hi, i am new here, so first off i will apologise if this is in completely the wrong place.

anyway, i have just about been persuaded to come over to the dark side and buy a DS light. but i need to know, what is the cheapest place in the UK to buy a R4DS, or would i do better importing one?

thanks in advance!

edit: oh, and i forgot, what is the cheapest place to buy a 2gb micro sd card?

ultimatebioweapon
August 2nd, 2007, 17:27
google it. ive just bought mine from mod-chip.co.uk but im not sure if it came with a mem card so make sure it says it does.. im getting it 2morrow so if mine does come with a card ill tell ya ;)

cas2007
August 4th, 2007, 19:28
Dealextreme.com cheapest around and slow but free shipping

battleaxe40000
August 5th, 2007, 07:40
Be careful of www.r4ds.biz. I paid for a r4ds with 2GB memory on 18 July 07 and they haven't sent me anything nor have they responded to any of my numerous emails.

leeman101
August 6th, 2007, 15:55
Just wanted to say to battleaxe that i'm having similar problems with www.r4ds.biz haven't heard a thing since I paid for my order on 11th July, if you have any joy would you let me know, i'll post again if mine ever arrives

Gogg
August 7th, 2007, 09:19
@Battleaxe and Leeman, a lot of R4 units went out of stock in July. And they're shipping the next stock sometime this month which is probably why yours hasn't arrived.

On topic: I browsed a lot of sites, and R4s range from $40+ (You could find a $30, but it would be rare). Most site out out of stock right now, and you'll probably have to wait a little before you can get one for a good price.

badldragon
August 14th, 2007, 10:58
I ordered one from consoleup.com (about 40 quid inc a 2 gb card) been a week and not seen it yet but their site does say there is a shortage.

Have emailed for an eta - if itll take to long Im cancelling.

Malc

leeman101
August 14th, 2007, 13:16
I too have now ordered a card from consoleup after the one from www.r4ds.biz never turned up and received an email saying that it will arrive after the restock tomorrow - wednesday 15th August, which I am happy with.

Thank you Gogg for letting me know about the stock shortage, however, despite numerous emails I have heard nothing and received nothing from www.r4ds.biz which i feel is unacceptable after a month. Also it was advertised as instock when I ordered.
I am very dissapointed with their service and will be making a complaint to Paypal in attempt to get my money back and to hopefully stop other people from losing theirs.

Dee-Lite
August 14th, 2007, 14:43
Hi mate - i'm from UK - get the R4 and SD seperate!

I got R4 on Amazon uk - cheapest anywhere i've seen around £20 total without SD

You can then find a 2gig SD on ebay - mine was £11.99p total of £32 aprx

and btw its DS "LITE" :)

Dee

Mike1993
August 24th, 2007, 19:51
I ordered my R4 from www.r4ds.biz and it came a week after i ordered. Pretty good considering its shipped from Hong Kong for free. He also replied to ALL of my emails.:)

dwtechz
August 28th, 2007, 05:41
Digimartz.com (http://www.digimartz.com) is more cheaper, I get from there,which has livechat online customer service,it's very convenience.:thumbup: :thumbup:

bzorg
November 6th, 2007, 13:00
Don't buy items at consoleup,
they take the money and didn't
ship anything at all
further more they didn't answer any question

SuperCardStore
November 9th, 2007, 20:31
I'm the longest established reseller and I think I've seen most of the prices available (I keep records) over the last few years - they do vary a lot :) - even the same store can have different prices at different times for the same products.

My customers tell me that they have had reasonable luck buying from abroad, where prices are usually cheaper - especially if you happen on a store trying to buy market share. Although anything imported should be liable to duty if the value exceeds £18, a lot of suppliers try to help by putting a low value on the customs declaration.

It's worth asking them what they will put because, if you are unlucky enough to get charged, the carrier will also charge you to collect the money - Royal Mail charge around £4 collection fee when they come to the door to collect the customs duty. Most people who have tried it and told me what happened escape this charge.

Most manufacturers offer very limited warranty - R4 had a lot of problems with the internal card reader - fixed now in the main by the new reader in V2 (the one with the new shell) and so people ended up with unusable stuff the supplier would not take back.

A small but significant proportion of flashcarts go wrong - if the supplier will not conform to the European right that consumers have for two years warranty, you might end up throwing it away.

It's hard to establish the quality of the suppliers - even the ones that seem OK can suddenly stop and I have had a few reports of total loss of cash by unlucky buyers. I look at the street address - if they don't have one, that's not a good sign.

This forum is a great place to discover who is no good - word gets around quickly. Testimonials aren't worth much though. I used to ask people to post on another forum and got a lot of positive posts, but someone posted that it looked like a scam - too much praise!

It'd be good is there was more info around about which suppliers are worth your hard-earned cash - who needs the stress?

Prices at Xmas are usually higher than the rest of the year. The apparently cheaper suppliers often try to reclaim some profit on shipping charges. For those flascarts that need a sparate memory card they often charge too much too - it's often worth buying the memory separately as it's such a competitve market that you can find memory cards with free shipping.

Even though 1GB is plenty for almost everybody, your flashcart should last you up to ten years, so who knows what you'll need later on? As most game files are 32MB, you could get around 30 on a 1GB flashcart. There is a national shortage f 1GB Micro-SD cards at the moment though. Memory card prices fall all the time - the 4GB SDHC cards I sell are less than twice the price of the 2GBs today, because SDHC is relatively new, but after Xmas everything sub-4GB will be cheaper.

It's really hard to predict what will develop in the makret for these products - i used to think that the carts could not be improved further, but I was wrong. Like the guy in the sixties who said the world would only ever need 5 or 6 computers... Or the other one who said he couldn't see why anyone would ever need more than a tiny hard disk...

A good point about flashcarts is that they hold their value - you can often sell them for more than you paid - people seem prepared to buy from a non-trader they can get the truth from.

Almost all the UK sellers have been doing it for a while, so it's my guess that they are OK - compared to what you get for the money, it's great value however much you pay.

Amazon UK used to be the cheapest, but that seems to have stopped now. You do get what you pay for though.

phsf4
December 21st, 2007, 23:36
Hi,

Bought mine from
http://www.model-gadget.com/shop/contact_us.php?action=success&osCsid=179ba70a2c7bacfc390229d17993c120
Watch out though having ordered the Micro SD card they didn't send it and continue to ignore my emails

preetyforu
December 27th, 2007, 17:32
The R4DS slots into the DS slot and no passcard is required - the microcard fits into the r4ds card itself.

This video will explain the box and contents:[Link removed by Tetlee, I'm unable to view the video to check content but noticed there is a disclaimer under the video screen asking for the link not be be given out directly

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

mole
January 10th, 2008, 16:35
I have 2 v2 R4DS with 2GB left over from a big order if anyone is interested I can arrange next day delivery if paid for by PayPal.
Listed on Ebay at the moment.
Cheers

mole
January 11th, 2008, 09:30
Ok, Ebay won't let me list them??!!

So if anyone is interested, let me know and can accept PayPal. I have one left at £60 delivered, its a BRAND NEW V2 with 2GB Kingston card. English version.

Flygon
January 11th, 2008, 23:32
http://www.modsupplier.com/

I found this site very swift, and they replied to all my E-Mails too. And their cheap too, by my standards.

dooronron
January 18th, 2008, 13:22
i've purchased 6 r4ds carts and had friends order another 5 with no problems from consoleup.com

they are £29 on there at moment and i get my memory cards from svp.co.uk 2gb for under a tenner....

links below.....

R4DS:

http://www.consoleup.com/shop/Console/R4-DS/R4-DS-for-Nintendo-DS/

KINGSTON 2GB MEMORY CARD FOR R4DS:

http://svp.co.uk/product/kingston_micro_sd_(transflash)_memory_cards_2203

RON.................

stevyns
January 20th, 2008, 16:32
r4ds buy for £27 with paypal.
[email protected]. email any questions

foreverseeking
January 22nd, 2008, 14:25
i bought two R4DS's from NDS-Gear.com (who claim to be UK based) and i got them within 2 days, and they helped me via email to set it up for my children afterwards, so i'm really happy with that. i heard that most websites have 3-4 weeks of backorders now and it's not really worth the wait (or the worry that your moneys gone).

they also have the DSTT now which is cheaper but not sure if i want to jump for that over the R4. either way it seems to be a good place to buy!

gamerzville
January 30th, 2008, 18:54
i bought two R4DS's from NDS-Gear.com (who claim to be UK based) and i got them within 2 days, and they helped me via email to set it up for my children afterwards, so i'm really happy with that. i heard that most websites have 3-4 weeks of backorders now and it's not really worth the wait (or the worry that your moneys gone).

they also have the DSTT now which is cheaper but not sure if i want to jump for that over the R4. either way it seems to be a good place to buy!

nds-gear.com = £30 + £3 P&P for the DSTT card alone

we are selling the DSTT + 2GB Micro SD card (Micro Card is manufactured by Integral purchased in the UK), BOTH items for £33 + £2.50 P&P, sweeeeeet!

contact [email protected]

:thumbup:

gamerzville
January 31st, 2008, 21:25
just in case people were a bit dubious of contacting me about purchasing the DSTT, I'm sure would be I guess, you dont know me, I dont know you, so I setup some auctions on ebid. happy days guys and gals, keep the faith ;o)

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auction=1201812030-25296-0&mo=auction

you can either purchase,

DSTT + 2GB MICRO SD

or

DSTT ONLY.

choice is yours.... you'd be crazy not to....

bluefootusa
February 28th, 2008, 16:25
I just bought my R4DS at DealExtreme. $48.50 with 1GB MicroSD free shipping.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1459

They've been out of stock for over a month now. And it took about 4 weeks to get it. So if you're in a hurry, you can spend more and get it someplace else.

davidtube
September 20th, 2008, 17:04
By any chance would any of the sites mentioned above by people in their one and only post on this forum be link spam?

Anyway, I don't know the cheapest place to buy an R4DS but where ever it is, I wouldn't order it from there. The reason is that very cheap ones are likely to be fakes and can damage your DS, like it says on this random website I came across R4DS (http://r4revolutionds.co.uk/r4ds.php)... :p

Twinights
January 4th, 2009, 13:27
um i wudnt trust amazon...i ordered from them and i got sent a fake >.<...it works but....i dont trust it....anyways if your in the uk try pcjerry (http://www.pcjerry.co.uk/red.php?a_aid=999d94cf)? they are the cheapest i found and has a pretty good service oh and ignore if it says out of stock. it actually might be in stock and they just didnt change the page :P

imran21
January 5th, 2009, 23:19
i got this r4ds for £5.. just click this link. i ordered it today and i'll let y'all know when it comes n if it works.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19236

skyoon
March 24th, 2009, 09:24
Hi,

I order the R4 from Dealsniper.com from Google UK, although the price is a little big higher than others, their customer service support is excellent, e.g. they provide the detailed instruction to install the firmware (the link below), which is very helpful especially for me.

http://support.dealsniper.com/dispatch.php?command=download&category=C1&id=4

-HAZE-
April 2nd, 2009, 16:52
I'm thinking about picking up a DS Lite as I just got a $100 gift card from Best Buy.

I see that the R4 is pretty much the standard, but are there any that are better?

What about the R6 or the CycloDS Evolution?

Thanks in advance.

-HAZE-

DanTheManMS
April 3rd, 2009, 20:19
The R4 -used to be- the standard. Now it's outdated, and you'd be a fool to buy one as it's the least-functional cart still available.

Look into the CycloDS Evolution for the high-end side, and if you want to go a bit cheaper, look into the EDGE, Acekard 2.1, and Supercard DS.

MinDS
May 23rd, 2009, 23:45
Hi mate - i'm from UK - get the R4 and SD seperate!

I got R4 on Amazon uk - cheapest anywhere i've seen around £20 total without SD

You can then find a 2gig SD on ebay - mine was £11.99p total of £32 aprx

and btw its DS "LITE" :)

Dee

Nintendo have made amazon stop selling r4's and ebay (including other flash carts)
read this article http://r4revolutionds.co.uk/r4ds.php
some other sites may follow suite to be in good terms with nintendo

michelkok1
May 24th, 2009, 11:03
internet??

skyoon
June 24th, 2009, 13:11
My friends recently told me the discount code for all flash cards (R4, DSTT, M3, etc.....) from buycardshop.com, i have tested,
and it works!!! Below is the discount code - flashcard2009. There should be no limit to use the discount code.

Megatron222
July 3rd, 2009, 18:44
I just ordered one from dealextreme last night :)