PDA

View Full Version : my psp's screen has these green sprites everywhere - HELP!

yoshiherder
August 1st, 2007, 22:08
hi i got a used psp from a pawn shop a few years ago, ive had problems like the L button not working but ive managed to fix all that hav come so far but now my psp has these sprites on the screen that are out of place or just not supposed to be there; it's really a problem especially while playing games are using the green visual player with the music-it just makes everything look neon green. i had this problem b4 but it kinda fixed itself (i left it in a hot car for an hour and the sprites werent there the next time i played it). i dont wanna hav to leave it in a hot car again because i really dont think its healthy or helpful for it, if anyone knows how to fix this problem minus of buying a new screen or new psp please tell me!!!!!!!

DimensionT
August 1st, 2007, 22:12
What do you mean by sprites? Dead pixels maybe? If that's the case, you could try one of the "dead pixel fixer" programs. It doesn't always work, but it managed to fix a few on my brother's PSP.

yoshiherder
August 1st, 2007, 22:20
no theyre not dead pixels theyre green sprites that just block out part of my xmb icons, they form green lines on everything and move along with textures on screen. it takes away the quality of my games graphics and its on everything- games, videos, and photos

DimensionT
August 1st, 2007, 22:38
Damn, that's pretty funky. Only thing I could tell you is that you got sold a bunk PSP.

Not too sure if there's replacement screens for the PSP (I know there is for the DS). That might work. If not, just leave it in your car again. That is, if it bugs you enough. Either that or sell it and buy a new one.

yoshiherder
August 1st, 2007, 22:44
well nvm i kinda gamed it out. i started playing metal slug x on mvspsp and the green sprites were there in the game at first, then they slowly started going away, and then they werent there at all. i went to the xmb and they werent on icons or anything

i think i solved the problem but they might come back; if they do ill just play metal slugx again