PDA

View Full Version : Now that darkalex is gone... alternatives to 3.40OE-A? What will be next?

punkonjunk
August 2nd, 2007, 01:29
That's what I'm wondering. What should I be following? I haven't really been watching the PSP scene recently.

xg917
August 2nd, 2007, 01:50
3.52 M33, update to it. its exactly like darkalex's custom firmwares

punkonjunk
August 2nd, 2007, 02:29
Hm. What advantage do I have to upgrade, then? does anything require it, or does it have any enhancements?

xg917
August 2nd, 2007, 03:27
-supports games that require 3.52
-sony np9660 no umd driver is included.
-hmm what else.. includes all features of previous OE firmwares.
-ps1 compatibility increased.

i think thers more. but im kinda tired..

punkonjunk
August 2nd, 2007, 05:33
Excellent. Looks like I'll be upgrading my PSP tonight. Will my custom XMB be compatable with this new firmware?

punkonjunk
August 2nd, 2007, 09:57
Hey, I've been working on it and...
How do I upgrade a 3.40OE-A to the m33 firmware? It refuses to load the program with the typical error thing.

I'd like to get both these PSP's upgraded to the m33 firmware. Immediate help would be much appreciated - I can't seem to turn up any info on it!

pun1sh3r
August 2nd, 2007, 12:50
3.52 M33, update to it. its exactly like darkalex's custom firmwares

I don't trust it...I heard it has some problems. I'm still on 3.40 OE-A

punkonjunk
August 3rd, 2007, 02:39
well any solid info anyone could provide about it would be excellent. I want something very supported, and very stable.

xg917
August 3rd, 2007, 05:11
I don't trust it...I heard it has some problems. I'm still on 3.40 OE-A

u hear. but its not the same thing as trying it. people just want to talk down on it only because its not DAX's firmware. its just as stable as any other OE firmware and packs in some kool new features. you wont regret updating..

punkonjunk
August 3rd, 2007, 06:10
Well, I will try it. It's not like I can't downgrade. Do I need to downgrade back to 1.5 before I can upgrade to it? or can I upgrade to it right from 3.40OE-A?

mike_jmg
August 3rd, 2007, 06:41
you can upgrade right away from 3.40 OE-A, just put the files in the GAME150 folder (or just the one you have homebrew on)

I have it, and it's just like DAX firmware, all the bugs came from the 3.51 sony update, cause some things were changed, but now everything is fixed

So be certain 3.52 M33 rocks

punkonjunk
August 3rd, 2007, 06:50
Hey, does it fix the FF7 problems? If it does, my friends will S*** bricks.

EDIT
No wordfilter? Hm. Is swearing a no-go hear, even though there is no word filter? I'll filter it myself anyway, lol. Better safe than sorry, but let me know. thanks.

EDIT
Hey, when I try to boot it, it says "this update does not apply to this firmware, or has already been applied."
Whats going on?

mike_jmg
August 3rd, 2007, 07:52
ps1 compatibility is improved and someone said ff7 is working 100%

I'm playing ff8 and got pass the crash on the coms tower, sometimes it crashes doing scan but i can live without it, so pretty much 100%

punkonjunk
August 3rd, 2007, 08:08
Awesome. But I'm still getting the cannot apply error, and would love to get past that. What's the problem, do you know?

I'm running 3.50 oe-a. I downloaded the updater, and read the readme.us file, which contains no instructions on it. I then attempted to run the eboot with NOTHING ELSE in the folder (Do I need anything else?) and it fails.

I cannot find any info about this, please help me.

EDIT
OK tards, for some reason the one I downloaded is packaged with a readme that contains only a changelog, no instructions!
If you're in this thread looking for instructions, try to find another download with them. As far as I know, though, I'm pretty sure all you'll need is the 3.52 firmware, 1.50 firmware, and the damn program.

Alright, I'm doing it now. I'll edit this again if I run into more trouble.

EDIT
Flashing now! I'm excited to see if FF7 works.