PDA

View Full Version : /sigh oh well

bladekuku
August 2nd, 2007, 03:47
Well, as I stated before, I was completely new to this stuff, and not knowing that I shouldn't I have been updating my PSP version.. so I'm 3.52. Turns out I want to put emulators on it know that I have found out about it.

But anyway, I guess since I have PSP Version 3.52 I am basically boned.. for.. how long?

Sucks.. lol makes me wanna buy a new PSP.. but who has that kind of money.

Anywho, any feedback would be great.

I need some type of motivation, lol

bah
August 2nd, 2007, 08:35
Could be tomorrow, next week, next month or next year.

All are equally probable.

There's no real way of determining the time it takes for an unknown number of people looking for an unknown flaw that may or may not exist and may or may not be exploitable in the way that would allow a downgrader to be made.

Just dont update any further (most updates are mainly 'strengthening security'), wait and hope :)

Or if its new, try taking it back and saying it has dead pixels or the d-pad randomly doesn't work properly or some BS like that to get a replacement.

Axelius
August 2nd, 2007, 10:24
I don't think you have to wait a year. It's more likely that a new exploit is found in 3-4 months.
Actually this is just guessing, as you really can't forecast when a new bug in a firmware is discovered that can be used to downgrade a firmware.
I know 3-4 months or so is a long time...but all other ways of downgrading your psp, like putting a modchip in, take money...

kjetil1991
August 2nd, 2007, 19:59
sorry to hear it=( maybe long before a new expliot is found

mike_jmg
August 3rd, 2007, 07:28
trade it with someone that has lower firmware and doesn't know about homebrew.:p LOL